If you love cinnamon in your coffee, you need this Cinnamon Coffee Creamer on hand all the time. You’re going to LOVE how easy it is to make delicious flavored creamer at home!
Why This Creamer is Best
I try to always keep a jar or two of homemade coffee creamer in my fridge. All it takes is a splash or two to turn a simple cup of coffee into a special treat.
- This coffee creamer is smooth and creamy, never gritty!
- Makes your coffee taste like a cinnamon roll.
- Better than a fancy coffeehouse drink–and less pricey!
- Made with ingredients you recognize. No preservatives or high fructose corn syrup like store bought versions.
- It takes just a few minutes to make!
Here’s what you need for this creamer recipe.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Whole milk – You can use skim milk too but it won’t be as creamy.
- Ground cinnamon
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract – I love using my homemade vanilla here.
- Butter extract – Gives the creamer a cinnamon roll-like flavor!
In past recipes, I’ve used the stove top to help combine the brown sugar and seasonings to the milk. This helps the flavors combine evenly, no one wants a gritty creamer.
Unfortunately, cinnamon is a bark. And it doesn’t combine very well.
I tried several suggestions according to Google…including whisking the extracts with the cinnamon (supposedly the alcohol content helps dissolve the cinnamon). Well. It doesn’t work. At least it didn’t work for me.
The sugar dissolves, but flecks of cinnamon still separate out of the cream when the mixture is stored in the fridge.
So, I still heat the seasonings and sugar with the milk on the stove top. I do this because you want to make sure your brown sugar dissolves completely.
I store this creamer in a mason jar with a tight lid. That way I can give it a good shake before each serving. This helps evenly disperse all the cinnamon that inevitably falls to the bottom of the jar!
One more secret? I used butter flavoring. It comes in a little bottle like vanilla extract and can be found on the same shelf in the grocery store. Helps make your coffee creamer taste more like a cinnamon roll.
Look at the expiration date on your milk. Use that to determine how long you can store the coffee creamer.
Yes, homemade cinnamon coffee creamer is a delicious addition to any hot OR iced coffee!
You can make a lower fat version of today’s creamer recipe by using skim milk instead of whole milk. It will be thinner but still taste good!
I haven’t tested the recipe with nondairy versions so I can’t speak to the results.
You could use any plant based milk in place of the whole milk (soy, almond, oat etc). For the sweetened canned milk, I would try sweetened condensed coconut milk (if you don’t mind a little coconut flavor in your creamer).
Yes! The butter extract heightens the cinnamon and adds a richness reminiscent of freshly baked cinnamon rolls. You can leave it out and still have a delicious cinnamon creamer to add to your coffee.
More homemade coffee creamer recipes
- French Vanilla: a classic creamer recipe that everyone loves!!
- Irish Cream Coffee Creamer: this fun recipe is perfect for March!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Creamer: oh my gosh, one taste and you’ll be hooked!
- Pumpkin Coffee Creamer
- Creme Brulee Coffee Creamer