Delicious, cheesy Egg Casserole, can be made the night before. Put in the oven in the morning and enjoy this hearty breakfast!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox
I love brunch. Well, I love food, but I especially love brunch food. You can eat things like overnight egg casseroles, but you can also eat french toast and cupcakes and ham and roast beef. Pretty much anything goes when it falls in the brunch category.
Today’s recipe is one of my favorite egg casserole recipes. Depending on the meat you have available (I have used ham, bacon and sausage…this one is made with sausage), you can change up the flavor. You can also make it vegetarian and only use your favorite vegetables (broccoli, onion, peppers, spinach and tomato). I like to use a little combo of both a meat and a vegetable. Today I used pork sausage and spinach. Yum.
How to make this Overnight Egg Casserole recipe:
- First decide if you will be using meat, veggies, or both! If using meat, make sure it is precooked. This is a great use for leftover ham during the holidays!
- Line the bottom of your casserole dish with hashbrown patties. If you can’t find them in the freezer section, you can substitute tator tots of the bottom layer!
- Next cover the hashbrowns with your meat, veggies and cheese!
- You’ll want to mix up the eggs with the remaining ingredients and pour this over your meat and cheese. Cover with foil and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, pop the covered dish into the oven. It’s a hearty meal that takes nearly two hours to bake, so plan accordingly! If you’d like to eat this for a “breakfast for dinner” make it in the morning, refrigerate all day, then put it in the oven for dinner. ENJOY.
If you love this easy Egg Bake, then you may also enjoy these brunch recipes:
- Get your day started with this hearty Sausage and Gravy Breakfast Casserole! Best part? It can be made ahead of time!
- This Fireman’s Overnight Breakfast Casserole recipe from Garnish with Lemon is packed with sausage and veggies and topped with a creamy mushroom sauce!
- Brunch isn’t complete unless you’ve made a batch of these Perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs. They peel so easily, and are perfect for deviled eggs, egg salad, and much more!
- Erin from Well Plated has this Everything Bagel Breakfast Casserole. You’ll have to try it for yourself, but it has the cream cheese in it, and it looks amazing!
- Serve up a batch of these Greek Omelets for your guests this holiday. Perfect with a side of homemade tzatziki sauce!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Overnight Egg Casserole recipe:
- 8 frozen toaster hash browns
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 lb cooked, diced meat (ham, bacon, sausage)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 drops Tabasco sauce
- may substitute in place of meat: spinach, tomato, mushroom, onion, green peppers, broccoli
- Place frozen hash browns in bottom of 13x9 casserole dish. Cover with meat (or veggies) and cheese. Beat milk and eggs, add soup and spices.
- Pour over meat/cheese and top with additional cheese if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or if making for dinner, refrigerate during the day to be cooked later).
- Bake covered 1 hour at 325 degrees, uncover and bake an additional 45-60 minutes.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**