Add nutty chocolate and coconut flavor to your morning routine with Almond Joy Coffee Creamer. A splash or two of this homemade creamer turns your daily coffee ritual into a special treat. Sip and savor in hot or iced coffee!
Once you learn how to make homemade coffee creamer, you’ll want to try ALL the flavors. How about some Chocolate Marshmallow Coffee Creamer next? Or give our Irish Cream Coffee Creamer a try soon.
Why this Recipe Works
If you love fancy coffee drinks and almond joy candy bars too, this coffee creamer recipe is going to amaze you.
- Made with sweetened condensed milk for extra creaminess.
- A hint of cocoa deepens the natural flavor of your coffee.
- Adds instant sweetness to hot or iced coffee.
- Can be used in regular coffee or espresso.
- Delicious blend of coconut, almond and chocolate flavors.
- Lightning quick to make!
Sometimes you don’t have time to swing by the coffee shop or even make your own Mocha Latte when you’re craving something sweet and caffeinated.
Just brew a pot of coffee and add a splash of this coffee creamer to your cup. It’s that easy.
PRO TIP: Serve with whipped cream and toasted coconut for a real coffee house treat!
Here’s what you need to make this coffee creamer recipe:
- Milk. I use fat free but any milk you like will do (skim, whole or even nondairy).
- Unsweetened cocoa powder. Use a high quality cocoa for richest taste.
- Sweetened condensed milk.
- Almond extract.
- Coconut extract. You can buy coconut extract online if you prefer. Also great addition to coconut biscotti and coconut cake!
Tips and Tricks
- Whisk together half a cup of the milk with the cocoa powder first. This step (while heating on the stove) helps the cocoa fully dissolve into the creamer so you don’t wind up with clumps.
- Whisk remaining ingredients into the cocoa milk vigorously. Be sure they are fully incorporated.
- Store in a mason jar. Don’t forget the lid!
- Shake before serving. The ingredients may separate the longer the almond joy coffee creamer sits. Give everything a good shake to reincorporate.
- Serve warm or cold. You can add this right to your coffee while it’s still warm or let it chill up in the refrigerator.
Store this coffee creamer in the refrigerator. Make sure to keep it in a container with a lid, like a mason jar or reusable glass bottle.
I recommend using your homemade coffee creamer within a week.
This happens when the sugar begins to settle and is completely normal. Shake the jar vigorously and everything should combine again.
No, the sweetened condensed milk adds the sugar to this coffee creamer. Without it, all you’ll get is the bitter cocoa and extract taste (not exactly appealing).
More Breakfast Recipes
- French Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- Sour Cream Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
- Apple Cider Donuts
Chocolate meets coconut and almond in this easy Almond Joy Coffee Creamer. Better than store bought and ready in 5 minutes.
When I enter the ingredients into my calorie app I get 50 calories for 2 tbs (1serving according to your nutrition guide) and that’s using fat free condensed milk and almond milk. What am I doing wrong?!?
What could you use for coconut extract as a substitute? I have shredded coconut on hand….any suggestions?
Yummy! This is such a big hit! My hubby and I are put much of creamer people, but my daughter loves it! Such a great way to start the morning!
I just now made this recipe for the first time. I was out of cocoa powder (lol) but did have chocolate milk on hand so made that substitution without damaging the final product. I had SCM and Almond & coconut extract and it came out great! Just as good as the store bought perhaps even better and was easy and fast to make.
I’ll try it w/cocoa powder one day, I promise lol.
We have cut our addiction to k cups, too expensive and too pollutioning. There is a separate cup you can buy to go into your Keurig, then you can buy little paper filters that fit Inside that, use your favorite brand of coffee. The plastic insert cup can be used forever, not a throw away, the paper filters go into my compost pile. I buy the insert cup and filters at Walmart, for some unknown reason they are in the new coffee pot department. Have enjoyed reading your coffee creamer creations, but I like a powered one, cold ones cool my coffee off too much. Have a nice day.
Thanks so much. Your home-made creamer recipe is amazing. Even better than Bailey’s & coffee. Luv your blog.
This was so yummy I could have just mixed it with ice cream and made a milkshake! Thank you for sharing.
Haha so glad you enjoyed it 🙂
MMM…Almond Joy is my favourite coffee creamer too. Unfortunately we do not have that flavour here in Canada, so I have to stock up when over the border! MMM…Can’t wit to make some! (I go through so much coffee creamer in a week too).
Let me know what you think of this version, so good 🙂
Can’t wait to try these. How about a cinnamon creamer recipe?
It’s like you read my mind…it’s coming soon 🙂
I usually just use hot chocolate mix in my coffee but these sound great. Could you freeze the milk mixture in ice cube trays and then add flavors to keep the milk longer?
just made this and omg! i love it!! it makes my already special morning cup of coffee so much more special. thank you for sharing! 🙂
Whoohoo, so glad you enjoyed the coffee creamer. Be sure to try some of the other varieties I’ve got on the blog 🙂
I can’t wait to try this except I think I will Silk almond-coconut milk which is what I drink instead of cows milk. Less calories and better for you. How much more perfect could it get?!