Mint, chocolate and cheesecake come together beautifully in this easy Grasshopper Pie dessert! It’s the perfect creamy no bake mint cheesecake and takes just 15 minutes to put together!
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe is Best
No bake cheesecake is the perfect way to make a quick and easy, but impressive, dessert!
This one combines an Oreo crust with a creamy, minty cheesecake filling studded with crushed mint Oreos plus a chocolate ganache to make it extra special!
- No oven needed. No bake treats are great in the summertime, but also all year long!
- Just 15 minutes of prep time then your cheesecakes go into the fridge to set up.
- The recipe makes TWO pies! One for now, one to freeze for later – or take to a friend!
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Crust – You can use store bought Oreo pie crusts or try our homemade chocolate oreo pie crusts for today’s pies.
- Cream Cheese – Make sure to use the full fat variety and let it soften on the counter for a few minutes so it’s easier to blend.
- Cool Whip – This is added to the cream cheese for a lighter consistency. Or swap it out for this homemade whipped cream recipe if you prefer!
- Mint Oreo Cookies – These get crushed and folded into the cheesecake filling. Feel free to substitute Girl Scouts Thin Mint cookies if you’d like. You can use extra crushed or whole cookies to decorate the top of the cheesecake as well.
- Green Food Coloring – This gives the cheesecake its signature pretty minty green color. You could omit it if you don’t want the coloring.
- Mint Extract – This adds big minty flavor to the cheesecake filling. Make sure to use a PURE mint extract, not imitation flavor.
Make the filling. Beat the cream cheese with sweetened condensed milk for about 3 minutes until smooth and fluffy. Beat in the food coloring and mint extract then fold in the Cool Whip and crushed mint Oreo cookies.
Pour into crusts. Divide the filling between the two Oreo pie crusts.
Make the chocolate topping. Heat the chocolate chips and heavy cream in the microwave, stirring regularly, until melted and smooth. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before spreading over the top of the cheesecake.
Chill then serve. Chill the cheesecakes in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours – or overnight. Then slice and serve!
Tips and Tricks
- Use softened, room temperature cream cheese for the creamiest, no lump, filling. Be sure to choose the block of cream cheese, not the spreadable kind in a tub.
- Be sure to chill for at least 3 hours. This allows the filling to set to a sliceable consistency.
- Add some fun toppings with extra Cool Whip, crushed mint Oreo cookies or Andes mints.
- You can also skip the pie plates and make this dessert in a 9×13 baking dish instead. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Yes! In a food processor, process 50 Oreo cookies (for two crusts) until a fine crumb. Add in 1 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter. Press into the bottom of the pie plates. You don’t have to bake it, but if you prefer a crunchy crust, bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 8-10 minutes. Cool completely before adding filling.
Absolutely. The cheesecake has to chill for at least 3 hours, so it’s best to make it in advance. I actually prefer to make cheesecake the night before. Then you have a delicious homemade cheesecake ready to serve for dessert the next day!
Store the cheesecake, tightly covered, in the refrigerator. Enjoy within 5 days.
Yes! Wrap the pies tightly in plastic wrap and cover in foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then they are ready to serve. Note that freezing will slightly change the consistency of the crushed cookies in the filling.
No Bake Mint Cheesecake
- 2 Chocolate Oreo Pie Crusts see note
For the Filling
- 24 Mint Oreo Cookies or Girl Scout Thin Mints, divided
- 3 packages cream cheese, softened 8 ounce each
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounce
- 5 drops green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 12 ounce Cool Whip thawed, divided
For the Topping
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- In a ziploc bag, crush the mint oreo cookies, keeping them slightly chunky. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with sweetened condensed milk for about 3 minutes until smooth and fluffy. Beat in food coloring and mint extract.
- Fold in 12 ounces of the thawed Cool Whip and the crushed mint cookies. Pour evenly into the prepared Oreo pie crusts.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and heavy cream for 30 seconds. Stir and heat in 15 second increments, until smooth. Allow to cool about 5 minutes before spreading over the top of the cheesecake.
- Chill cheesecakes for 3 hours (or overnight).
- Today’s recipe makes two pies. Perfect for sharing or freezing for later.
- Pie Crust- you can use store bought Oreo pie crusts, or make our homemade chocolate oreo pie crusts for today’s pie.
- If desired, garnish cheesecakes with additional Cool Whip, Oreos, or Andes mints.
- Pie Plates- skip the pie plates and use a 13×9 baking dish instead.
- Freeze- Wrap pies tightly in plastic wrap and cover in foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- See blog postst for more recipe tips and tricks.