Lemon Garlic Pasta is an easy recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes! Serve this flavorful pasta as a side dish or main course topped with chicken or fish.
Table of Contents
Why Make Lemon Pasta
I’m on the hunt for easy, delicious recipes that both vegetarians and carnivores enjoy. Today’s Lemon Garlic Pasta did NOT disappoint.
- This pasta has a creamy sauce, almost like an alfredo.
- It’s made with plenty of garlic–4 whole cloves!
- A generous squeeze of lemon juice brightens up the flavors.
It is enjoyable on it’s own, or serve it with some grilled chicken tenders. We love it with Parmesan Crusted Tilapia too.
This also would make a great side dish for your holiday ham dinner! Or pair with a Thanksgiving turkey for a feast anytime of year.
- Pasta – We used angel hair but any shape of pasta can be used.
- Garlic – This recipe uses fresh garlic cloves for ultimate garlicky flavor.
- Lemon juice – Freshly squeezed is best. You will need two whole lemons to get enough juice for this recipe. Use our easy guide on how to zest a lemon (and juice a lemon) for best practices.
- Vegetable broth and Heavy Cream come together to form the base for the creamy sauce.
- Parmesan cheese – The tanginess of the cheese enhances the lemon flavor and adds even more richness to the sauce.
- Red pepper flakes – A little spice gives the creamy hearty pasta dish an additional dimension of flavor that makes it even better!
Pasta Tips and Tricks
- Use a big skillet to make the sauce in. Then, when the pasta is done cooking, you can pop it all into the skillet and serve from there! My favorite skillet is a 12-inch Stainless Steel version, so fantastic for so many recipes!
- If you don’t have vegetable stock (and you’re not a vegetarian), chicken stock works great in this recipe as well!
- Use a good parmesan cheese, preferably shredded (not grated). The tanginess of the cheese really shines in this pasta dish.
- To add more or less “heat” adjust the amount of red pepper flakes. My family likes just a pinch, but if you enjoy things a bit spicier, add more!
- When I’m out of fresh garlic, I always have a jar of chopped garlic in my refrigerator. Perfect in a recipe like this one. If you’re using the garlic from a jar, you’ll need about 2 teaspoons to equal 4 cloves of fresh garlic.
Lemon Garlic Pasta should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy reheated within 3 -4 days.
If you’ve ever reheated creamy pasta before, you may have discovered the sauce can develop a sticky or gluey texture when reheated.
Thankfully there’s an easy way to prevent this!
Sprinkle 1 -2 tbs of water over the pasta in a microwave safe dish. Cover with a paper towel and reheat until warmed through. Give it a good stir and enjoy.
Yes, this pasta recipe is vegetarian, although not vegan because it contains lots of dairy! If you choose to add chicken or fish, the lemon garlic pasta would no longer be suitable for vegetarians.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Be sure to check out my Cajun Sausage Pasta recipe! Especially if you like spicy cajun food!
- Chili Mac
- Spinach Lasagna
- Meatloaf Recipe
- Massaman Curry
Lemon Garlic Pasta
- ¾ pound angel hair pasta cooked
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons juiced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- salt and pepper
- In large skillet on low heat, add oil, garlic and red pepper flakes. Heat for several minutes, add lemon juice, vegetable broth and heavy cream. Allow to heat thoroughly, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Add parmesan cheese and allow to melt.
- Add cooked pasta, mix sauce thoroughly to coat the pasta. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta makes a delicious main course or side dish for any meal!