White Chocolate Brownies are delicious, gooey treats with the fudgy texture of a brownie. Add a few sprinkles for color and fun!
If you like funfetti desserts, white chocolate and brownies, you’re going to fall in love with these gooey bars.
What are White Chocolate Brownies
- Ooey gooey brownie consistency.
- Sweet white chocolate and vanilla flavor.
- Easy to make with 6 ingredients.
- Delicious with or without the sprinkles!
The title of this recipe doesn’t make sense. How can you make brown-ies with white chocolate?
But really, there is no better way to describe these treats.
They are not blondies. In my opinion, blondies are basically cookie dough. Don’t get me wrong. I love chewy, caramely blondies…especially these Pecan Pie Blondies. But blondies have a distinct flavor and texture that’s all their own.
Today’s recipe was made for a friend who can no longer eat chocolate, but craved the texture of bakery style brownies.
You know the kind I mean.
The kind of treat that makes people fight over the chewy, crunchy corners. The kind of dessert bar you sink your teeth into and can’t help but saying, “mmmmmm.”
Whether you can’t eat chocolate, or you’re just looking for a change, these white chocolate brownies are going to win you over at first bite!
Here’s everything you need to make this easy white chocolate brownies recipe.
- Butter – Unsalted is best.
- White chocolate chips – Or use a bar of white chocolate, chopped into bits.
- Kosher salt
- Sprinkles – These are optional but add a nice pop of color to the otherwise beige dessert bars.
Tips and Tricks
- Using a large glass bowl (or other microwave safe dish) add your unsalted butter and white chocolate chips. Heat for one minute. Stir, stir, stir until almost smooth. You want to make sure that the butter is incorporated into the white chocolate.
- Don’t heat anymore! It’s okay to have a few unmelted bits of white chocolate.
- Keep it easy and use that same bowl to add the remaining ingredients. Mix JUST until combined. As soon as you stop seeing dry ingredients, STOP stirring. If you overmix, the bars will come out tough.
- I use a piece of parchment paper in my baking dish. It not only keeps my dish cleaner, but it helps keep the brownies from sticking.
- These are pretty gooey, which is how I like them. You can cook them a little bit longer if you like them “drier.” They are also delicious COLD.
- Store these in an airtight container for about 5 days. They get better and better each day, I promise!
If you don’t have a microwave, you can use a double boiler to melt the white chocolate and butter on the stove.
Or make a makeshift “double boiler” by placing a pot filled with 2 inches of water over medium heat on the stove. Place a heat proof bowl over the water. Add chocolate chips and butter. Stir constantly until melted and mostly smooth.
You can use any kind of sprinkles here! I used multi colored jimmies this time. Round sprinkles or sprinkles in different shapes (hearts, stars etc) are great choices too.
Yes, you can use salted butter. Just omit the kosher salt in the recipe to balance it out.
These brownies have everything but the chocolate! Rich, fudgy and perfectly sweet gooey bars are a white chocolate lover’s dream come true.
Have you ever made any/all of these blondie/brownie recipes be doubled to bake in a 9×13 pan? Thank you for your incredible site, I’ve made so many things this year already!
it’s delicious!Love this idea.
Such a fun idea! Thanks so much!
AHHHH!!!!! Thi recipe is soooo awesome! I’m so glad you blogged about it because I lost the recipe you wrote out for me when we moved!!!! You rock! Thank you so much for coming up with this! I’m going to make them today 🙂
Awww so glad you stopped by 🙂 Hope you’re doing well!!!
Love this idea. it’s delicious!
Yum! How festive!
Thank you for sharing yet another awesome treat recipe.
Such a fun idea!! My husband LOVES white chocolate (it’s sometimes a little too sweet for me), so these would totally be up his alley!
These are very sweet!! But if he loves white chocolate…I think you need to make them 😉
I’m a major fan of white chocolate, so I’m LOVING this brownie recipe! I’m also a major fan of blondies, and totally understand why these are in fact brownies, not blondies 🙂 Thank you for sharing yet another awesome treat recipe.
I hit “post comment” too quickly – this one contains my name/email/website. Sorry!
If you love white chocolate then you’ll LOVE these brownies (whities?)