Peanut Butter Caramel Corn with Butterfingers

by aimee @ shugarysweets on December 11, 2012

Chocolate Jingle Bars

I’ve got two awesome recipes for you today! Just because I love you, and it’s the season of giving!

As I’ve mentioned before, I have 4 kids.

When you add up all the coaches, teachers, Sunday School leaders, music instructors (and I’m sure I’m leaving someone out) it adds up to a lot of people we want to thank and show our appreciation to over the holidays.

So each year, I like to bake a special treat. My favorite teacher gift is popcorn. Not just any popcorn though…homemade chocolate covered caramel corn.

Only this year, I’ve thrown a little twist into this tasty treat. I added some peanut butter to my melted white chocolate, creating a delicious peanut butter coating. I also threw  in some Nestle Butterfinger Jingles (and some mini Butterfingers) to add to the Peanut Buttery goodness!

This recipe makes a BIG batch, perfect for separating into gift bags, boxes or tins!

I also baked up a special batch of Jingle Bars for my kiddos. Nestle has a great website filled with seasonal recipes, which is where I found this awesome recipe for “Cakey Chocolate Jingle Bars.”

The only addition I made to the recipe is I added some powdered sugar and sprinkles to make them a wee bit more festive!

Head on over HERE to check out the recipe!

Follow along on twitter using the hashtag #holidaycandy @nestleUSA. You can find Nestle on facebook, too!

Peanut Butter Caramel Corn with Butterfingers

• 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 2 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 bags of microwave popcorn, prepared (REMOVE SEEDS)
  • 2 pkg (16oz each) vanilla candy coating
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 pkg Nestle Butterfinger Jingles (about 30 candies, unwrapped)
  • 1 pkg (10oz) Mini Butterfingers

1. Pop 3 regular sized bags of microwave butter flavored popcorn. Remove all unpopped seeds. Place popped popcorn in a large bowl. Set aside.
  2. Line two broiler pans (or large disposable foil pans) with foil. Set aside. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
  3. Melt butter in medium saucepan over high heat. Add in sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil one minute, remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla.
  4. Pour over popcorn. Mix well. Pour evenly into two pans. Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and pour onto a large piece of parchment paper to cool. Break into pieces. Return to large bowl.
  5. Melt vanilla candy coating according to package directions. Whisk in peanut butter until creamy. Pour over popcorn. Mix gently until all popcorn has been coated. Add in Butterfingers. Pour onto parchment paper again to cool and set, about 30 minutes. Store in covered, air tight container. ENJOY.

**I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Nestle #CBias #SocialFabric . All opinions are 100% my own.

**You can also find my story on Google+

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel December 11, 2012 at 7:24 pm

I can easily speak for my teacher father when I say he LOVES getting teacher gifts like this :) too bad your kids don’t have him as a teacher haha. This popcorn is creative and looks SO delish–love the jingles + the butterfingers inside!!
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel recently posted..Cookies n Cream Reese’s Cup Puppy Chow PopcornMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 11, 2012 at 7:33 pm

I love that we both made popcorn today Hayley!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Peanut Butter Caramel Corn with ButterfingersMy Profile

Averie @ Averie Cooks December 11, 2012 at 7:26 pm

I love popcorn, caramel corn, basically this is totally me – and of course, love that you used PB with it! I have a recipe sort of like this from ages ago – I need to go read my old recipe and make yours or mine or something!
Averie @ Averie Cooks recently posted..Browned Butter Caramel and Butterscotch BarsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 11, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Haha, I’ll have to check out that older recipe of yours!

Averie @ Averie Cooks December 11, 2012 at 7:42 pm
Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar December 11, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Love this! Caramel corn always makes me happy.

Liz December 11, 2012 at 8:44 pm

I too love popcorn, even more with chocolate and peanut butter on it! Love the Jingle Bars too….they look so moist and chocolatey!
Liz recently posted..Egg Nog BreadMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 12, 2012 at 7:13 am

Thanks Liz!!! The caramel corn was so addictive…

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust December 11, 2012 at 9:29 pm

I love this! Popcorn is such a great idea. I think I need to get on this bandwagon..
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Oatmeal White Chocolate Pudding CookiesMy Profile

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen December 11, 2012 at 9:51 pm

You are taking over the internet. I love it.
Katrina @ In Katrina’s Kitchen recently posted..KitchenAid Giveaway: 7 Quart Residential Stand MixerMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 12, 2012 at 7:14 am

I am? I had no idea!!

sally @ sallys baking addiction December 11, 2012 at 10:45 pm

a sweet popcorn like this is a perfect gift to give Aimee!! Who wouldn’t love receiving something like this? You have all your essentials… popcorn…peanut butter…chocolate…and candy. Yep, prety sure this stuff should be illegal. :)
sally @ sallys baking addiction recently posted..gingerbread muffins with sweet lemon glaze.My Profile

Joan@Chocolateandmore December 12, 2012 at 9:42 am

I love those Holiday bells, every single one, the butterfingers, the reese’s. Just something about putting them into a holiday shape makes them better. A great teacher gift!
Joan@Chocolateandmore recently posted..Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup BarkMy Profile

Ashton @ Something Swanky December 12, 2012 at 10:24 am

These look great!! And, OMG, I’m ALWAYS so nervous that I’m forgetting someone for Christmas thank you treats! This year seems to be Emma’s todder “coming of age” year, and all of a sudden I have preschool teachers and directors, and Nursery leaders, and speech therapists that I have to remember now too! Ahhh!
Ashton @ Something Swanky recently posted..Peppermint Cheesecake Rice PuddingMy Profile

Pam in Cincinnati December 12, 2012 at 10:38 am

Michael stopped by with this yesterday and the consensus of our group was “YUM!”

aimee @ shugarysweets December 13, 2012 at 8:38 am

So glad you got to enjoy some!!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Peppermint Mocha Cookie Crisps and #fbcookieswapMy Profile

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious December 12, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Oh my goodness – this looks dangerous! I don’t think I’ll ever be able to stop eating these!
Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious recently posted..The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2012: Peppermint Mocha BlossomsMy Profile

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) December 12, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Mmmm lucky teachers! This caramel corn looks sooooooo gooooood!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) recently posted..Fluffy, Buttery, Rolls (Texas Roadhouse Copy Cat)My Profile

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life December 12, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Popcorn with all sorts of yummy goodness dumped over it…sounds like my kind of popcorn. Love it! Lucky duck teachers;-)
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Peppermint Mocha Pudding CookiesMy Profile

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction December 14, 2012 at 10:20 am

I love how you added a layer of peanut butter! This would be devoured in no time at my house!
Jessica@AKitchenAddiction recently posted..Chocolate Peppermint Layered FudgeMy Profile

Kristy December 16, 2012 at 3:04 pm

These look amazing! I am going to try the popcorn!
Kristy recently posted..Bigelow Tea and Moravian Tea CookiesMy Profile

Joy @ Baking-Joy December 16, 2012 at 3:32 pm

This looks so good! As a teacher, I wished I had parents that made me gifts like this :-) anything that includes peanut butter & chocolate is the best thing ever in my opinion :-)
Joy @ Baking-Joy recently posted..Blue cheese and walnut biscuitsMy Profile

Lashandra Venditti December 19, 2013 at 10:22 am

Howdy very cool blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing ..
I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also?
I’m happy to seek out a lot of helpful info here in the publish, we need work out extra
strategies on this regard, thanks for sharing.
. . . . .