I’ve got two awesome recipes for you today! Just because I love you, and it’s the season of giving!
As I’ve mentioned before, I have 4 kids.
When you add up all the coaches, teachers, Sunday School leaders, music instructors (and I’m sure I’m leaving someone out) it adds up to a lot of people we want to thank and show our appreciation to over the holidays.
So each year, I like to bake a special treat. My favorite teacher gift is popcorn. Not just any popcorn though…homemade chocolate covered caramel corn.
Only this year, I’ve thrown a little twist into this tasty treat. I added some peanut butter to my melted white chocolate, creating a delicious peanut butter coating. I also threw in some Nestle Butterfinger Jingles (and some mini Butterfingers) to add to the Peanut Buttery goodness!
This recipe makes a BIG batch, perfect for separating into gift bags, boxes or tins!
I also baked up a special batch of Jingle Bars for my kiddos. Nestle has a great website filled with seasonal recipes, which is where I found this awesome recipe for “Cakey Chocolate Jingle Bars.”
The only addition I made to the recipe is I added some powdered sugar and sprinkles to make them a wee bit more festive!
Head on over HERE to check out the recipe!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 bags of microwave popcorn, prepared (REMOVE SEEDS)
- 2 pkg (16oz each) vanilla candy coating
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 pkg Nestle Butterfinger Jingles (about 30 candies, unwrapped)
- 1 pkg (10oz) Mini Butterfingers
- Pop 3 regular sized bags of microwave butter flavored popcorn. Remove all unpopped seeds. Place popped popcorn in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Line two broiler pans (or large disposable foil pans) with foil. Set aside. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over high heat. Add in sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil one minute, remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour over popcorn. Mix well. Pour evenly into two pans. Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and pour onto a large piece of parchment paper to cool. Break into pieces. Return to large bowl.
- Melt vanilla candy coating according to package directions. Whisk in peanut butter until creamy. Pour over popcorn. Mix gently until all popcorn has been coated. Add in Butterfingers.
- Pour onto parchment paper again to cool and set, about 30 minutes. Store in covered, air tight container. ENJOY.