Gooey Lemon Cake Bars
Once upon a time there was a cute food blogger named Aimee.
She LOVED lemon desserts.
Seriously, there is not much else to say about this recipe. I am in love with all things lemon! These lemon bars are made simple by using a cake mix (gasp!!!). I know, I don’t use a mix often, but back off. It’s summer.
Almost summer. Which means absolutely nothing except I wanted an excuse as to why I used a mix. Oh yeah, I used a mix on this because that’s what the recipe calls for!
I based these lemon bars off of THIS cake recipe. By just changing it slightly they become a whole new dessert. You can make these even prettier by adding some fresh raspberries or strawberries on top as a garnish.
But they don’t need any help in making them tastier. These cake bars are divine. Try them yourself.
Gooey Lemon Bars
Yield: 16 servings
Prep Time: 4 hours
Cook Time: 30 minutes
For the crust:
- 1 box (18.25oz) Lemon Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
For the filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, butter and egg. Press into the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish. Combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla eggs in a mixer. Beat until fluffy. Pour over crust. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours (or overnight) for best flavor. ENJOY.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! I know you want to see behind the scenes…check out my instagram!