Gumdrop Fudge

by aimee @ shugarysweets on December 10, 2013

Creamy Vanilla Fudge filled with colorful holiday Gumdrop candy pieces! So pretty for gift giving!

Gumdrop Fudge recipe- soft vanilla fudge filled with colorful chewy, fruity Gumdrops

I seem to purchase the same holiday candy year after year. Of course, I usually purchase the candy I love, which means I’m always so tempted to eat it.

Sometimes, the candy I buy is one that only I enjoy, and nobody else seems to like it. Take gumdrops for instance.

I love gumdrops. I’ve tried to convince my kids they are just sugar coated jelly beans, but they refuse to touch the colorful candy. Which means every day, I grab a few here and there until they are devoured.

Once again for the holidays, I’ve been lured into buying several bags of gumdrops, only this year I thought I would do something different. I saw this recipe on Taste of Home several years ago and have tucked it into my brain for future use.

Using this recipe as inspiration, I added gumdrops to my favorite fudge recipe. I was a little concerned that chewy, fruity candy doesn’t belong in fudge. Fudge should be filled with chocolate, and nuts, and dried fruit.

But guess what? I was wrong. Fudge is the PERFECT pair for your favorite fruity candy. Skittles, Mike and Ikes, throw them in! Or make some colorful fudge using gumdrops.

Gumdrop Fudge- soft vanilla fudge filled with colorful chewy, fruity Gumdrops

This would be a great gift to give to neighbors and friends. Fill a mason jar, add a lid, wrap some ribbon around it and give it away! Depending on the size of jar you use, you can make several jars of gifts. Add some whole gumdrops as filler and more color too! ENJOY!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Gumdrop Fudge

Prep Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes

Yield: 64 pieces of candy

Soft vanilla fudge filled with colorful gumdrop candy!

• 2 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 bag (11oz) white chocolate morsels
  • 1 jar (7oz) marshmallow cream
  • 1 1/2 cup gumdrops, chopped

1. Prepare an 8inch square baking dish by lining it with parchment paper. Set aside.
  2. Add white chocolate morsels and marshmallow cream to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
  3. In a large, heavy saucepan, add butter, cream, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring frequently. Once boiling, continue to boil for a full 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and pour over white chocolate and marshmallow cream. Using an electric mixer, blend for about one minute, until morsels are melted and mixture is smooth.
  4. Add gumdrops and fold them in with a spoon, gently. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and refrigerate for two hours (or overnight), covered with a piece of plastic wrap.
  5. Once set, cut into bite sized pieces and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. ENJOY.

DSC_0736

vanilla bean fudge

Vanilla Bean Fudge…another great holiday treat!

Cookies-and-Cream-Fudge-

Cookies and Cream Fudge- my kids favorite!

lemon-meringue-fudge-

Lemon Meringue Fudge- gorgeous AND delicious!

Don’t forget to follow my Fudge, Truffles and Candy Pinterest Board. Over 200 pins and counting!

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet December 10, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Every year when I was a kid we use to have a gum drop tree for Christmas. I can’t believe I forgot about that. Thanks Aimee for bringing back sweet memories to me! This is a great kind of fudge!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Peppermint Oreo Chocolate PuddingMy Profile

Tanya December 10, 2013 at 1:31 pm

I love how colorful this is. I have never been succusfull with making fudge :( Hopefully this year will be different.
Tanya recently posted..Online HR Software – December 2013 UpdateMy Profile

Marilyn December 11, 2013 at 2:15 pm

I have a recipe for chocolate squares with marshmallows that would easily convert to this. My recipe is 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 8 squares of dark chocolate and 3 cups or marshmallows. Melt the chocolate and combine the milk and then marshmallows. Sprinkle graham crumbs in the container you plan to use (mine is an old bacon keeper from tupperware, 10ish by 7ish) and sprinkle graham crumbs on the top… Anyways… this recipe could easily be done by using white chocolate and cut up gumdrops with the sweetened condensed milk. Just keep them chilled.

Eva @ Eva Bakes December 10, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Beautiful! They remind me of stained glass!
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..Soft molasses (and rum) cookiesMy Profile

Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life December 10, 2013 at 2:39 pm

I don’t like gum drops, but I absolutely love how colorful and pretty they are in the fudge!

Shiloh Barkley December 10, 2013 at 4:11 pm

This makes me want to make homemade nougat with the jellies in it by brachs.
Shiloh Barkley recently posted..Easy Stove-Top Creamed CornMy Profile

Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry December 10, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Yet another terrific fudge recipe! Love it.
Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry recently posted..Minestrone SoupMy Profile

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life December 10, 2013 at 6:42 pm

I have had gumdrop fudge and yes, they belong together for sure!!! My kids don’t like gumdrops either, but I happen to love them. Good and bad for me for sure!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Chocolate Peppermint FudgeMy Profile

tahnycooks December 10, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Oh MY GOODNESS this is the cutest fudge ever! Soooo pretty!
tahnycooks recently posted..Cheesy Buffalo Style Soft PretzelsMy Profile

Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent December 10, 2013 at 9:28 pm

This is so fun with all the different colors :) thanks for sharing.
Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent recently posted..HaystacksMy Profile

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust December 10, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Gumdrops are one of those things I think I don’t like…until I’ve eaten 50. I need to get a bag!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Mom’s Russian Tea CakesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 11, 2013 at 7:31 am

Kinda like Candy Corn….

Renee@ Two in the Kitchen December 10, 2013 at 11:13 pm

There is something about gumdrops that make me nostalgic for childhood! These are gorgeous and very clever!!!
Renee@ Two in the Kitchen recently posted..Eggnog French Toast CasseroleMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 11, 2013 at 7:31 am

Thank you Renee!!!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel December 11, 2013 at 12:14 am

You’re basically a fudge goddess. And I mean that in the best way possible :) I LOVE this idea, Aimee! Gum drops are one of my favorite holiday candies. My grandma used to buy bagfuls of them and only use them as table displays for some reason — who displays candy not meant for eating?! Anyways, I always snuck handfuls of gumdrops. Obviously she found out who did it when her display disappeared, but thankfully she didn’t act like she knew and kept replenishing the bowl ;)
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel recently posted..Pecan Pie BlondiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 11, 2013 at 7:31 am

Can I wear a sash and crown?? Love your grandma story :)

Julianne @ Beyond Frosting December 11, 2013 at 2:23 am

Oh my gosh! The colors are so cute! I never would have thought to use gumdrops in a fudge.
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting recently posted..Maple Sugar CookieMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 11, 2013 at 7:30 am

I know, whole new world of possibilities!!

Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness December 11, 2013 at 7:03 am

Oh my gosh, this reminds me of a candy that I ate growing up as a child, I can’t remember what they were called, but they were my favorite. I TOTALLY forgot about them until now. I need to make these! Love the idea of combining gumdrops and chocolate. Sugar + Sugar = yes.
Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness recently posted..White Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti {Whole Wheat, Low Calorie/Fat & Zero Butter}My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 11, 2013 at 7:30 am

Was it those little Brach’s nougats with the chewy gumdrops inside???? Yumm!!

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain December 11, 2013 at 2:14 pm

This is the cutest fudge ever! It reminds me of sugarplum fairies and winter wonderlands heehhee. ;)
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Eggnog Funfetti CupcakesMy Profile

Lyndy December 14, 2013 at 2:51 pm

I’ve almost given up on fudge. I just made this and it’s in the fridge. The recipe is so easy to follow even a fudge wrecker like myself can make it!
Can’t wait to try it (well besides licking the beaters)! ;)

Johnna@thecharmitspot December 27, 2013 at 11:05 am

I have never seen anything like this! Cute and colorful and I’m sure they are beyond DELICIOUS! What a fantastic idea….must try! Thank you for sharing :-)