Vanilla Bean Shortbread Cookies
Melt in your mouth, Vanilla Bean Shortbread Cookies. These need to be on your dessert menu ASAP!!
Love this recipe? Sign up for Shugary Sweets email subscription and never miss out again!
Have you all started planning your holiday desserts?
Is that even a thing? Or am I the only one who likes to list out all the treats I’ll make this month?
I don’t usually go to cookie exchanges (probably cause I haven’t been invited), but I still love to bake cookies for Christmas!
But today, I’ve got a new favorite. And yes, vanilla bean is involved. Actually, Vanilla Bean Paste!
You may have heard of Rodelle Vanilla. While I absolutely love their vanilla products, be sure to pick some of their baking cocoa up too! It’s hands down my favorite! If you can’t find their cocoa or vanilla bean paste in stores, you can pick some up on their website or Amazon searching for Rodelle.
These sweet shortbread cookies melt in your mouth with their crunchy, buttery vanilla bean base. I then melted some vanilla almond bark (or vanilla melting wafers) and spread a small bit onto each cookie. And of course, sprinkles. You can’t have a holiday cookie without sprinkles, am I right?
I’m so excited to be sharing today’s recipe while partnering with Rodelle and 10 other bloggers in the 10 days of Cookies program! Check out the others to see what they are sharing and add their recipes to your holiday baking list (I know you have one. Or want one!)
Dec. 8 —Peppermint Bark Snowball Cookie – Peabody @ Culinary Concoctions by Peabody
Dec. 9 – Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies – Kim @ LovintheOven
Dec. 10 – Soft Cinnamon Cookies with Maple Pecan Frosting – Karen @ The Food Charlatan
Dec. 11 – Vanilla Bean Shortbread – (Yep, this is me!!)
Dec. 12 – Chocolate Shortbread – Traci @ Vanilla and Bean
Dec. 15 – Vanilla + orange cranberry blondies– Nicole @ Baking Bites
Dec. 16 – Vanilla Bean & Chocolate Swirl Giant Skillet Cookie – Lyuba @ Will Cook for Smiles
Dec. 17 – Triple Cocoa Coconut Chocolate Cookies – Heather @ The Soulful Spoon
Dec. 18 – Peanut butter maple cookies – Becky @ Vintage Mixer
Dec. 19 – Gluten-free Gingerbread Cookies – Sarah @ Snixy Kitchen
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign Up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Vanilla Bean Shortbread Cookies
Yield: 4 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Rodelle vanilla bean paste
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla wafers (or vanilla almond bark), melted
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- In a a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and powdered sugar. Add vanilla bean paste and mix until fully blended.
- Add flour and kosher salt. If the mixture is still crumbly after blending, use hands to fully combine.
- Place dough on a lightly floured counter. Roll into a 12inch log. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, slice dough into thin slices. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes in a 350 degree oven, until cookies begin to lightly brown on edges.
- Once cooled, spread a small amount of melted vanilla bark onto each cookie and immediate add sprinkles.
- Allow to set, about 15 minutes. Store in a covered container for up to 7 days. ENJOY.
You can make these classy cookies anytime of year by using your favorite sprinkles. Dress them up for different holidays, or for an every day treat!
**While I was not compensated for today’s post, I did receive wonderful products from Rodelle. Thank you!! All opinions are 100% my own!**