Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake
This Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake would be perfect for breakfast or dessert! The cinnamon glaze is truly the “icing on the cake!”
Be sure to sign up for my FREE email subscription…new recipes in your inbox!
I realize I just shared a breakfast cake last week, but Mother’s Day is just around the corner and I thought I would give you options.
You could make last week’s Lemon Crumb Cake or today’s Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake. But why choose? Make both, I say!
Speaking of mothers….it’s happened. I’ve become my mother. Actually, I think I’ve become a senior citizen in general.
A couple days ago I found myself talking to the birds and squirrels. And whistling in the back yard as I filled my bird feeders. Who does that besides Mary Poppins?
I have nothing against old people. I embrace this elderly side of myself. I just have to chuckle that this is where I am in life. Spending hours watching the birds and squirrels in my yard, while singing a happy tune.
But let’s face it…I’m going to make one heck of a grandmother one day! All the children of the world will want to come to my house for treats. And today’s Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake is one of those treats that screams “come spend time with granny!!”
For years I couldn’t get the perfect “release” on my bundt cakes. And I realized it has 99% to do with the pan. After purchasing this pan, no issues. EVER. I usually wipe it with a little crisco and sprinkle with flour, and voila…it releases EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. You can also use the baking spray that has flour in it, if you prefer. I’m always afraid that it will cause build up in my bundt pan and affect the non-stick aspect of the pan.
Don’t forget to make the cinnamon glaze. I made a very thin glaze, unlike some of my other “frostings.” Remember, you want to make sure that people accept this “cake” as breakfast, haha, so don’t overdo it on the frosting. Otherwise it will take some convincing!
Now, while you all are in the kitchen baking…I’m going to head outside to relax with my friends. Mr Squirrel and Mrs. Robin.
Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake
Yield: 16 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 55-60 minutes
For the Cake:
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
For the Filling:
- 1 cup light brownie sugar, packed
- 2 tsp cinnamon
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-4 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- For the cake, grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat in softened butter until mixture is crumbly. Add in eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and milk. Beat for 3-4 minutes until smooth and fluffy.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon for the filling. Use a fork to blend evenly.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the bundt pan. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter. Top with the remaining cake batter.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until browned. Allow to cool in pan about 10 minutes, then flip onto a cake plate and cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, 2 Tbsp milk and cinnamon. Add more milk if needed to get desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled cake. Store covered at room temperature for 4-5 days. ENJOY.
Looking for more bundt cake recipes? Here are a few of my favorites!
Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake: rich and fudgy, this is a great recipe to add a little extra veggies without the kids knowing!
Pina Colada Pound Cake: perfect pound cake with rum flavor, pineapple and coconut!
Carrot Bundt Cake: delicious carrot cake with cheesecake filling and cream cheese frosting!
Still looking for the perfect Bundt Cake? Here are a few recipes from my friends:
- Toffee Pecan with Caramel from A Family Feast
- Chunky Monkey Bundt Cake from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
- Lemon Poppyseed Cake from Well Plated
- Salted Caramel Mocha Bundt from Inside BruCrew Life
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**