Carrot Bundt Cake with Cheesecake Filling and Cream Cheese Frosting
This Carrot Bundt Cake with a cheesecake filling and cream cheese frosting might be the best dessert ever! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
I clearly have a problem when it comes to choosing a favorite, but trust me when I say this cake is exactly what your Easter dessert table is needing.
I have a classic Carrot Cake recipe on the blog already…and it’s a family favorite! But, I don’t normally put nuts IN my carrot cake. I did with this one today though, and oh my gosh, why haven’t I done that before? I also stepped up the “omg factor” by adding a ribbon of cheesecake.
Top it off with some homemade Cream Cheese frosting and this is the cake of your dreams. Or my dreams. Or all our dreams.
Actually, it’s a reality in my kitchen right now. I just keep attacking it with my fork!
How to make Carrot Bundt Cake with Cheesecake Filling
So does anyone else do that? Keep making cuts into a cake with your fork? Nice even lines…until before you know it half the cake is gone? Oh? Me neither…I was just wondering.
- Start your day with this Cinnamon Apple Pancake.
- With all the Easter candy eating, you’ll want this light Raspberry Walnut Salad for lunch!
- I’m thinking dinner should consist of this Pesto Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with a side of Walnut and Fontina Macaroni and Cheese (this stuff is amazing!!)
- Of course you’re going to make my Carrot Bundt Cake for dessert. RIGHT???
I’m nuts about nuts. See what I mean?!?
Chocolate Frosted Cookie Bars. You can make them into footballs or cut into squares!
Start your day off right with these Healthy Banana Nut Pancakes. They taste like the inside of French Toast. YUM!
You are just a couple ingredients away from this easy, delicious Almond Pesto Salmon!
Connect with Fisher Nuts:
For the Cake:
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup Fisher Chopped Pecans
For the Filling:
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
For the frosting:
- 4oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Fisher Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Spray a 12 cup bundt pan generously with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combined all the ingredients for the cake, mixing until well combined. Batter will be very thick! Set aside.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese with sugar, vanilla and egg until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- To assemble, fill bottom of sprayed bundt pan with about 3/4 of the batter. Spoon the cream cheese into the pan, being careful not to let it touch the sides of the pan. Spoon the remaining batter over the cream cheese layer. It's okay if it doesn't cover completely.
- Bake cake in a preheated oven for 60-65 minutes. Cake will be browned and will pull away from the pan when done. Remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack. Cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, beat cream cheese, milk and powdered sugar together until smooth and creamy. Pour frosting into a large ziploc bag and snip off the corner. Pipe onto cake, generously. Sprinkle immediately with chopped pecans. ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 545 Total Fat: 29g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 23g Cholesterol: 81mg Sodium: 208mg Carbohydrates: 67g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 50g Protein: 6g
Recipe originally published on March 26, 2015
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**