Bang Bang Chicken
Bang Bang Chicken is an easy, weeknight dinner idea with a tangy, yet sweet sauce! This recipe calls for baking NOT frying the chicken, easy clean up!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
The irony is not lost on me that I am sharing a recipe for Bang Bang Chicken even though I gave up meat for lent. However, BEFORE lent began, I made a bunch of meaty meals that I think you guys will love, so stay tuned for more coming soon too!
But back to this chicken recipe. If you’ve ever tried Bang Bang Shrimp at Bonefish Grill restaurant, you know that sweet taste with a spicy kick at the end, yes? I remember the first time I tried it and fell in love….I’ve been pretty much thinking about doing this with chicken for a very long time.
And then I came across this Bang Bang Shrimp recipe from my friend Amanda and I knew it was time to give chicken a chance.
Only, instead of frying shrimp, I wanted to bake chicken instead. You know, keep it a *LITTLE* bit healthier. Okay, who am I kidding, I just didn’t want to clean up the splatters on my stove top when I fry chicken.
Seriously though, this Bang Bang Chicken was DELICIOUS. Thank you Amanda for such a tasty dinner recipe that will make it’s appearance on a regular basis (you know, once I’m eating meat again!)!! Don’t let the number of ingredients frighten you! It’s as simple as making the sauce and mixing it in a small bowl with a spoon (just dumping ingredients together). And for the chicken, you’ll make a breading mixture to dip, and an egg mixture to dip your chicken into. Easy. I promise!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Bang Bang Chicken
Yield: serves 2-3
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:25 minutes
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chili garlic sauce (I use THIS brand)
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
For the egg mixture:
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
For the breading:
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl with a spoon. Cover and set aside until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and milk and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a large ziploc bag, combine flour, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic, and basil. Zip closed and shake until mixed.
- To begin, bread the chicken by first dropping it into the ziploc bag and shake a few times. Then dip chicken into the egg and put back into the ziploc. Once coated, place each piece of chicken onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- To cook, bake on pan for 25 minutes. Once done, add half of the sauce to the chicken to coat (while the chicken is still hot). Sprinkle with a little extra dried basil and serve with sauce on the side. ENJOY.
- **For a more golden color, at the end of the cooking time, turn on broiler and place pan a few inches away. Broil about 2 minutes on each side. ENJOY.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**