Whip up a pitcher of these Cherry Margaritas for your next summer party! Perfect for a crowd, and packed with flavor!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
Margaritas. The drink of choice whenever I go out. Most bartenders can make them nice and strong over rocks, so it’s always my go-to option.
But at home? I rarely make them. I tend to go for a mixed drink or a beer (so lazy, I know).
A few months ago I had such a taste for these Cherry Beer Margaritas. They’re so tasty and easy. Except I was out of 7-up!
So I did the next best thing and made a pitcher of tart Cherry Margaritas. And now I’ll be keeping some simple syrup ready in my refrigerator for all my summer drinking!
How to make a pitcher of Cherry Margaritas:
- Start by making a simple syrup, using 2 cups of water and 2 cups of granulated sugar. Heat in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Next, pull out the blender and add in 2 cups of frozen tart cherries (with pits removed). You can also use fresh if desired. Blend with the simple syrup.
- In a large pitcher, combine the cherry mixture with a whole bottle of tequila (750ml), 2 cups of triple sec, and 2 cups of lime juice. Stir and serve over ice.
- If you prefer a blended (slushy) margarita, pour everything into your large blender (or do about half of the pitcher) and add ice until it’s a desired consistency.
- For a delicious garnish, dip the rim of your glass in simple syrup and then in coarse turbinado sugar. Add your cherry margarita to the glass with ice, and a lime for garnish! ENJOY.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
MORE COCKTAIL RECIPES
- Christmas Punch
- Apple Cider Sangria
- Pineapple Sangria
- BBC Drink – frozen baileys, banana, and coconut cocktail!
- Frozen Brandy Slush – make it in an ice cream bucket!
- Cranberry Ginger Ale Punch
- The Perfect Tan – an ice cream milkshake with Baileys!
- Lemonade Beer with Cherry Rum
- MORE DRINKS!