Whip up a pitcher of these Cherry Margaritas for your next summer party! Perfect for a crowd, and packed with flavor!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
Margaritas. The drink of choice whenever I go out. Most bartenders can make them nice and strong over rocks, so it’s always my go-to option.
But at home? I rarely make them. I tend to go for a mixed drink or a beer (so lazy, I know).
A few months ago I had such a taste for these Cherry Beer Margaritas. They’re so tasty and easy. Except I was out of 7-up!
So I did the next best thing and made a pitcher of tart Cherry Margaritas. And now I’ll be keeping some simple syrup ready in my refrigerator for all my summer drinking!
How to make a pitcher of Cherry Margaritas:
- Start by making a simple syrup, using 2 cups of water and 2 cups of granulated sugar. Heat in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Next, pull out the blender and add in 2 cups of frozen tart cherries (with pits removed). You can also use fresh if desired. Blend with the simple syrup.
- In a large pitcher, combine the cherry mixture with a whole bottle of tequila (750ml), 2 cups of triple sec, and 2 cups of lime juice. Stir and serve over ice.
- If you prefer a blended (slushy) margarita, pour everything into your large blender (or do about half of the pitcher) and add ice until it’s a desired consistency.
- For a delicious garnish, dip the rim of your glass in simple syrup and then in coarse turbinado sugar. Add your cherry margarita to the glass with ice, and a lime for garnish! ENJOY.
Want more pitchers of drinks? Here are some of my favorites:
- Pineapple Sangria is the perfect, refreshing summer drink! Packed with fruit, juice, and alcohol, you should whip up a batch today!
- Cranberry Ginger Ale Punch that can be made boozy or not. It’s great for grown-ups and kids alike!
- This Apple Cider Sangria is the perfect holiday beverage! Make it a day ahead of time for best flavor!
- Need a batch cocktail for your next party? Look no further than these gorgeous Blood Orange Margaritas for a crowd, from Garnish with Lemon.
This Hot Pink Summer drink recipe from Real Housemoms is light and refreshing and because you make it in a pitcher it’s the perfect drink for a summer party!!!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Cherry Margarita recipe:
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups frozen tart cherries, pits removed (or fresh)
- 1 bottle (750 ml) tequila
- 2 cups triple sec
- 2 cups lime juice
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar, for garnish
- 1 lime, sliced, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, make a simple syrup by combining the water with the sugar. Whisk over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- In a large blender, combine simple syrup with frozen cherries (or fresh). Blend until pureed.
- For the pitcher of margaritas, combine cherry mixture with tequila, triple sec, and lime juice. Refrigerate or serve immediately, stir together.
- To garnish the glass, dip rim of glass in extra simple syrup (or water) and then dip in turbinado sugar. Add ice and margaritas. Place a slice of lime on each glass, enjoy!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**