This Everything Bagel Dip recipe is done in 5-minutes with just four ingredients. If you love an everything bagel, then this dip recipe is going to knock your socks off.
Table of Contents
Why Everything Bagel Dip Works
This is a creamy dip with the yumminess of an everything bagel. You can serve it at your next game night, Sunday brunch, or when you sit down for a lazy movie marathon.
Here are a few reasons why this dip recipe works so well,
- The flavor is spot-on. It tastes just like an everything bagel. The dip goes well with chips and veggies for when you want the flavor but not the bagel.
- Borderline addictive. This is one of those treats that I frequently ask to be taken away from me because I simply can’t stop eating it. I’ll eat the whole batch if left to my own devices.
- 4 ingredients only. With limited ingredients, you can put this dip together in a matter of minutes. It’s the perfect addition to any snack tray or grazing board.
Serve this dip with pretzels and our homemade bagel chips!
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Cream Cheese – Softened full-fat cream cheese works well and gives the dip richness and smoothness. Replace it with low-fat cream cheese or Greek yogurt to make it light.
- Sour Cream – I prefer full-fat sour cream but low-fat sour cream works too if you don’t want the richness.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning – You can easily make your own using our homemade everything bagel seasoning, although I’m aware the of the pre-made grocery store blends. Yes, those can be a time saver, but making it at home allows you to tweak the ingredient proportions as you like.
- Milk – To adjust the consistency of the dip. Skip it if you’re happy with the dip’s consistency.
- Mix the ingredients. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Then add some seasoning and milk.
- Chill and finish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour. Then sprinkle the remaining seasoning and serve.
Tips and Tricks
- Use an electric mixer to make it airy. If you don’t like a thick and dense dip, mix the cream cheese and sour cream using an electric mixer or beater. It helps incorporate more air which will keep the dip light and fluffy.
- Use the right ingredients. Full-fat sour cream and cream cheese (not the tub one) make all the difference. It makes the dip rich and creamy.
- Add some heat. Chop up some jalapeno peppers and add them to the dip. You can also add chopped bell peppers or pickles to make it more flavorful.
- Add more milk. To make the dip more sauce-like, try adding a little extra milk. Then you can drizzle it over salad bowls or in wraps.
- Make it light. Use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. It makes the dip less dense and airier.
- Let it rest for an hour. Letting the dip sit in the refrigerator allows the flavors to blend properly. In fact, it taste even better the next day. So if you have time, try and make it a day in advance.
It’s a great option if you’re preparing a veggie tray. Also, swap out the dill dip on our cold crescent roll veggie pizza for today’s recipe instead.
You can also serve it with pita chips, pretzels, or homemade bagel chips.
To go a step further, smear some on your avocado toast, and there will be no looking back.
You can also use this delicious dip to put over baked chicken or dunk your pigs in a blanket into the dip.
Store the Everything Bagel Dip in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Everything Bagel Dip can be served in more ways than you can imagine. It can be served with vegetable sticks (celery, carrot, cucumber), spread on toast, with pretzels, in a wrap, and in a million other ways.
Absolutely. Though store-bought seasoning can be a time saver, making it at home allows you to adjust the flavor to your liking. The Everything bagel seasoning is made with black and white sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion, garlic, and salt.
Absolutely not. It tastes equally delicious when served cold, warm, or even hot. It is totally up to you. You can heat it in the microwave for a couple of minutes or bake it in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
More Game Day Favorites
Everything Bagel Dip
- 1 package cream cheese, softened 8 ounce
- 1 cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup Everything Bagel Seasoning divided
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Fold in all but 1 teaspoon seasoning mix.
- Mix in milk, stirring until combined.
- Cover (with plastic wrap) and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- To serve, sprinkle with remaining teaspoon of seasoning mix.
- Use full fat sour cream and cream cheese that is in the brick (not tub) for best results.
- Store dip in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Serve dip with pretzels, homemade bagel chips, and vegetables.
- Add additional milk if needed for desired consistency.
- Our homemade everything bagel seasoning mix is perfect!
- Swap out sour cream for plain Greek yogurt if desired.
- See blog post for more recipe tips and tricks.