All your favorite baked potato flavors packed into a dip! This Loaded Baked Potato Chip Dip is creamy, cheesy and so easy to make. Grab a bag of chips and dig in!
Why this Recipe Works
If you can scoop it up with chips, I’m in. Today’s recipe is based on the belief that everything is better in dip form!
This Loaded Baked Potato Dip is even easier to make than regular Baked Potatoes. No scrubbing or cooking potatoes required.
Making this dip is a simple as mixing, heating and serving. You can make it in the oven OR in the microwave!
Some people even love this dip served cold without melting the cheese. If that’s you, just mix the ingredients together, chill and serve.
I find Loaded Baked Potato Dip is delicious both hot and cold. Serve it warm for an appetizer tonight and chill the leftovers for tomorrow’s snacking.
Here’s what you need to make this Loaded Baked Potato Dip.
- Cheddar cheese. Shred it at home for best melting. Bagged shredded cheese usually contains anti-caking agents that interfere with melting.
- Bacon. Cook the bacon crispy before adding to the dip.
- Sour cream. Use full fat sour cream for best flavor.
- Cream cheese. Soften to room temperature.
- Green onions.
- Potato Chips– this is where the “baked potato” flavor brings it all together!
Serve the Loaded Baked Potato Dip Serve warm fresh from the oven or cold the next day. If you prefer to reheat your leftovers, just pop the dish in the microwave or oven.
You’ll love this dip with all your favorite dippers. It pairs especially well with . . .
- Tortilla Chips
- Sliced veggies
- Pita wedges
- French fries
You could even pile Loaded Baked Potato Dip onto a plain mashed potatoes for an instant meal!
Tips and Tricks
- Microwaving. Make sure to use a microwave safe dish. Cover with plastic wrap before heating to help the cheese melt.
- Oven cooking. Use a pie plate or deep glass dish for oven heating. No need to cover!
- Topping. Sprinkling extra green onions and bacon on top of the dish before serving adds even more flavor.
- Storing. Store any uneaten dip covered in the refrigerator within 2 hours of serving. Loaded Baked Potato Dip keeps well for 3 to 4 days.
There are no potatoes in this recipe. Rather than containing potatoes, the dip is made from common loaded baked potato toppings and served with potato chips!
Yes, feel free to make this dip ahead of time. You can assemble in the morning, chill and then heat when ready to serve. Or enjoy it cold!
Yes, you can omit the bacon or use a vegetarian bacon substitute to make a meatless dip.
Other shredded cheeses can be substituted for the cheddar. Monterey and Colby cheese would both be tasty options!
Leave the fork behind and grab a chip instead! With just 5 ingredients and a few minutes, you can make the best ever Loaded Baked Potato Dip. Perfect for game day, potlucks and midnight snacking!