This Fruit Salsa is delicious and so easy to make! Serve this fruit salsa with homemade cinnamon chips for the perfect snack, dessert, or as an appetizer to your next summer party or picnic!
You can easily add in additional ingredients or take things out that you don’t like as much. Want more spice or want to keep it sweet? With salsa recipes, you can make it exactly how you want it.
And can we talk about the colors of this fruit salsa for a minute? Food that are bright and colorful just looks pretty. This great fruit salsa recipe is no different, full of color and flavor that is so good.
I’ve included how I made it as well as the homemade cinnamon chips. You can change out some of the fruit for other types if you’d like. And serving fruit salsa is not limited to sugared tortilla chips!
There are many other foods that pair well with fruit salsa, including meats and crackers.
Try this fruit salsa with the homemade cinnamon chips and discover just how amazing and easy this fresh fruit salsa is. It’s perfect as an appetizer snack or to bring to your next party!
How to Make Fresh Fruit Salsa
Step 1: Dice all of your fruit in very tiny pieces. I’m talking very tiny!
PRO TIP: Check the recipe below to see which fruits need to be peeled and which ones can have the skin kept on.
Step 2: Add your fruit pieces to a large bowl and stir in your ginger, orange marmalade, and mint. Mix everything together well.
Step 3: Serve this fruit salsa with homemade cinnamon chips or other yummy items. I’ve included several options below for you.
How to Make Homemade Cinnamon Chips
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Brush your tortillas with melted butter. You can also use butter flavored cooking spray.
Step 3: Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle over tortillas.
Step 4: Cut the tortillas into wedges and put in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Use a pizza cutter to make this step super quick and easy.
Step 5: Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until chips are crispy and golden brown.
Pin this now to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite Board
Tips and Tricks
- Dice your fruit into tiny pieces. This helps make it more of a salsa consistency and not like a fruit salad.
- Using fresh fruit makes this recipe so juicy and refreshing. You could use canned pineapples or mangoes if you don’t have fresh ones.
- You can also buy cinnamon chips if you don’t want to make them. Stacy’s cinnamon pita chips are perfect with this fruit salsa recipe.
- You can change out the type of fruit you use for this to accommodate your tastes. Kiwis, pineapple, or berries would also work well.
How to serve Fruit Salsa
This fresh salsa is perfect for a summer picnic, barbeque, pool party, or dinner in the backyard!
Of course it’s delicious with the cinnamon chips but it also goes well with a variety of other items:
- Dip graham crackers into the salsa for a sweet treat. Cinnamon graham crackers would be a good substitute for the cinnamon chips.
- You could also serve this fruit salsa on top of pork or fish.
- Try adding it to baked tacos or chicken tacos if you like that savory/sweet combination.
- Add a scoop of this salsa to vanilla ice cream or yogurt.
- Top angel food cake with it for a yummy summer dessert.
How Long Does this Keep?
You can store this fruit salsa in the refrigerator for up to three days. Store it in an airtight container.
After three days or so, the juices from the fruit will start to release and the fruit will become more mushy.
What you’ll need
- Green apple (don’t peel)
- Mango (peeled and cored)
- Ground ginger
- Orange marmalade
- Mint flakes
- Flour tortillas
- Butter or butter flavor cooking spray
- Cookie sheet
- Small bowl
- Large bowl
- Pizza cutter or good knife
Use my hashtag #shugarysweetsFollow Shugary Sweets on Instagram
More Salsa Recipes
The Best and Easiest Fruit Salsa Dip recipe served with homemade cinnamon tortilla chips! Perfect for picnics and potlucks!