- 2 cans (15oz each) garbanzo beans, peeled
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons, juiced)
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup water (or reserved juice from beans)
- 1 pinch paprika
- In food processor add drained (peeled) garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt, garlic and 2 Tbsp olive oil. Blend for several minutes, adding water a tablespoon at a time (or using drained water from beans).
- Add more or less water to desired consistency. To get it creamy (similar to Aladdin's), I added about 3-4 Tbsp water.
- Spread on large plate (or pie plate). Sprinkle with paprika and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Serve with warm pita or pita chips. Enjoy!
Powered by Recipage
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**