Snicker Caramel Apple Salad recipe is the perfect dessert for your next potluck. Whether serving this to your family or a crowd, it’s always a 5 star recipe!
What is Snicker Salad?
Unlike a traditional green salad, Snickers Salad is a dessert salad made with apples, whipped cream, and peanuts and when combined (especially with candy bars) it tastes like a caramel apple.
You’ll find many variations (like the traditional taffy apple salad) in church cookbooks, but this one is my favorite!
Much like a fruit salad, you’ll love the sweetness of this classic side dish recipe!
More Potluck Recipes
Snicker Caramel Apple Salad recipe is the perfect dessert for your next potluck. Whether serving this to your family or a crowd, it's always a 5 star recipe!
½ cup granulated sugar
1 large pasteurized egg (optional)
1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
4 cups apples, diced
1 can (20 ounce) crushed pineapple, drained
8 ounce Cool Whip, thawed
1 ½ cup salted peanuts
3 full size Snickers bars, diced
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the sugar, egg, vinegar and flour.
- Heat egg mixture over medium heat and whisk it constantly until thickens. This will take 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Fold in chopped apples and drained pineapple. Stir together.
- Fold in Cool Whip and refrigerate one hour or until ready to serve.
- Right before serving add peanuts and snickers bars. Enjoy!
- Make Ahead. This salad can be made in the morning and eaten that evening. It is best served the same day, as it can get watery and keeps the apples from turning brown. Be sure to wait to add the peanuts and snickers bars right before serving.
- Creamier! Some people opt to add a package of vanilla or butterscotch pudding mix to the cooled sugar mixture to make a creamier salad, much like this Watergate Salad recipe.
- Apples. We love a variety of red/green versions, but use what you love. And no need to peel them either!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 327Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 32gProtein: 7g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram
Oh my goodness, this looks ahhmaaazing!! A must make!!
This is seriously the best salad ever!! Thanks for sharing1
yes! This is the funnest for BBQ’s!
Snicker Caramel Apple Salad recipe has all the things! Seriously — there is nothing not to love about this salad. Perfect for summer parties and football season!
It’s like dessert and salad! Love it!
We love this dessert! Always a big hit at potlucks!