Caramel Cracker Bars
Have you ever made cracker bars? Not to be confused with these. Two totally different treats. Cracker bars are layers of crispy crackers, chewy caramel, and topped with chocolate. Delish. Yeah, I know. Or as my daughter might text..ikr. I had no idea what that meant. ikr? If you’re sitting there as clueless as I was, ikr= I know, right. Now, say it with a 12yr old valley girl voice.
If you already knew what ikr meant, then you are way cooler than me. But, let’s not go there, cause then I may feel depressed and eat more cracker bars. Which would be NOT cool. Cause I have already eaten way more than necessary. I don’t even think it was necessary to eat the first half dozen to begin with!
Anyways, like I totally have to go workout now. Ya know? Yeah. Ikr, I despise it too.
- 2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 box Ritz crackers (about 80 crackers)
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels
- 1 cup semi-sweet morsels
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- In saucepan, heat graham cracker crumbs, sugars, butter and milk. Bring to a boil and continue stirring while boiling for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In foil lined (and buttered) 13x9 baking dish, layer Ritz crackers over bottom. Pour half of caramel mixture over Ritz, then lay another layer of Ritz over caramel mixture, and remaining caramel. Repeat with one more layer of Ritz crackers. Refrigerate while continuing with next step in recipe.
- In small saucepan, melt butterscotch and semi sweet morsels with peanut butter. Stir until smooth and creamy. Pour over Ritz crackers, refrigerate 4 hours or over night.
- Cut into bite size pieces and enjoy cold!
Copyright Shugary Sweets 2011-2016
Leave a Comment