Frozen Cranberry Salad

Frozen Cranberry Salad

In my family, Jello salads are served at every holiday. Sometimes it is just a classic bowl of Jello, and sometimes it’s something fancier like Pretzel Jello. Grandma always serves something cold with lunch and dinner (at least I sure hope that wiggly cold dish is Jello)!

Here’s the problem I have with Jello: there is never enough room in the refrigerator to store it after dinner. And when making room with all the leftovers (let’s face it, I have a 26 lb turkey, there WILL be leftovers), the Jello will be the first thing to get cut.

However, this frozen salad? Oh my. Not only does it taste delicious, you can make it days in advance. And it keeps well over a week in the freezer. Plus, if there are leftovers? Stick it back in the freezer. Go ahead. Refreeze it. It will be just fine.

Frozen Cranberry Salad

• 20 oz pineapple chunks, drained
  • 5 bananas, halved and sliced
  • 16 oz can whole-berry cranberry sauce
  • 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 12 oz cool whip

1. In large bowl, combine cranberry sauce with sugar. Add bananas, pineapple and marshmallows. Fold in cool whip. Pour into glass 13x9 baking dish.
  2. Cover and freeze until solid (about 6-8 hours). Can be made several days in advance. If leftovers, cover and put back in freezer, keeps for several weeks!

16 Responses to “Frozen Cranberry Salad”

1. posted Nov 23, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Hi! stopping by from sweat peas and bumblebees. What a great recipes.. and so simple! I love that you can throw everything together and done. I would love for you to share this at my friday link party coming up :)

2. posted Nov 23, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Unfortunately the jello salad is always the first to be thrown out in our house too because there is never enough room!!! Hello? You are a genius…freezing it is the perfect solution:-)

Have a great Thanksgiving celebrating with your family!!!!

3. posted Nov 24, 2011 at 12:54 am

Topping by from This Chick Cooks to take a closer look — yummy! Happy Thanksgiving!

4. posted Nov 24, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Yum! That sounds delish, I think cranberries are underrated! We should use them all year round!

5. posted Dec 1, 2011 at 3:21 am

OOO YUM!
    Come bring this to A Themed Baker’s Sunday over at Cupcake Apothecary where the theme this week is BERRIES!
    See you there!
    Cupcake Apothecary

6. posted Dec 6, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Love that it’s a freezer item, excellent idea.

7. Kathy
    posted Nov 2, 2013 at 12:44 pm

do you let it thaw awhile before serving? Partially or completely?

8. LaRae Adams
    posted Nov 2, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Why is it that I can not even print one recipe from you folks? My printer is ready to print only the recipe comes up blank!

• Jennifer
      posted Nov 3, 2013 at 7:43 am

@ LaRae Adams..Try to copy and paste to your word pad and then print.

9. Elizabeth
    posted Nov 2, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Hi, this looks yummy! I’m English and so I have no idea what a jello salad is so can I ask if it needs to defrost before you eat it or do you eat it straight from the freezer like an ice cream? (I know this question probably seems rather odd to you so I apologise)

• posted Nov 2, 2013 at 3:13 pm

We like it straight from the freezer! May want to take it out a few minutes prior so it’s easier to cut! ENJOY.

10. Lisa
    posted Nov 2, 2013 at 8:32 pm

I have alot of the jellied cranberry on hand. Do you think that will work as well? Hope so!

• LaRae Adams
      posted Nov 3, 2013 at 1:45 am

This is so amazing and so weird at the same time. It is ever so strange I have to say. My printer is set up correctly. There should be no problem in printing out your Frozen Cranberry Salad. Yet the page comes up blank. I’ve clicked onto print several times and it still comes up blank. What is so weird is… other sites has exact same lay out as yours and I can print their recipes. YET with yours I can not. I wonder if it would be possible if you will send me your recipe to my e-mail address. I have done all I can do on my end. I want to “Thank You” so much for all your effort in helping me out!
      LaRae Adams

11. posted Nov 2, 2013 at 11:31 pm

can’t wait to try this. I was wondering about the jellied cranberry sauce too..going to try it before Thanksgiving gets here…sounds so good..

12. jan eberhart
    posted May 8, 2015 at 10:20 am

Will the bananas turn dark after being frozen and then re frozen if needed?

13. posted Nov 19, 2015 at 4:35 pm