In my family, Jello salads are served at every holiday. Sometimes it is just a classic bowl of Jello, and sometimes it’s something fancier like Pretzel Jello. Grandma always serves something cold with lunch and dinner (at least I sure hope that wiggly cold dish is Jello)!
Here’s the problem I have with Jello: there is never enough room in the refrigerator to store it after dinner. And when making room with all the leftovers (let’s face it, I have a 26 lb turkey, there WILL be leftovers), the Jello will be the first thing to get cut.
However, this frozen salad? Oh my. Not only does it taste delicious, you can make it days in advance. And it keeps well over a week in the freezer. Plus, if there are leftovers? Stick it back in the freezer. Go ahead. Refreeze it. It will be just fine.
Frozen Cranberry Saladby Shugary SweetsPrep Time: 6 hoursKeywords: salad side dessert banana cranberry marshmallow pineappleIngredients (12 servings)
- 20 oz pineapple chunks, drained
- 5 bananas, halved and sliced
- 16 oz can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 oz cool whipInstructionsIn large bowl, combine cranberry sauce with sugar. Add bananas, pineapple and marshmallows. Fold in cool whip. Pour into glass 13x9 baking dish.Cover and freeze until solid (about 6-8 hours). Can be made several days in advance. If leftovers, cover and put back in freezer, keeps for several weeks!Powered by Recipage