This has been one crazy weekend. After spending the entire weekend, with my oldest daughter, in Elizabethtown KY for a swim meet, I’m exhausted.
So, to cut to the chase, let me just say, biscotti is awesome. Turtle biscotti is better than awesome.
And, like I have said before, it’s easy to make. So if you love a good Nonni’s biscotti, try making your own at home!
If you’re new here, go check out some of my other biscotti recipes…
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup caramel bits (Kraft)
- 1 1/4 cup pecans, chopped, divided
- 1 Tbsp coarse sugar
- 2 cup dark chocolate, melted
- In mixing bowl, beat butter and 3/4 cup sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and baking powder. Fold in caramel bits and 1/4 cup chopped pecans. Batter will be very sticky.
- Divide in half, form each half in a 10inch by 3inch log on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove and allow to cool on pan 15 minutes. Cut into 1inch slices, and arrange slices upright in pan. Bake an additional 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- When cool, dip bottom of biscotti in melted dark chocolate, sprinkle immediately with remaining cup of chopped pecans. Allow to set. Enjoy.
Copyright Shugary Sweets 2011-2013