Egg Nog Biscotti
I realized the other day as I was sipping on my coffee and crunching on an Eggnog Biscotti WHY I love it so much.
Cookies for breakfast.
Biscotti tastes so much like a crunchy cookie (and remember, I love crunchy cookies!?!). It’s now okay to eat cookies for breakfast, just call it biscotti!
And eggnog? Well, seriously, eggnog is a must in my house during the holiday season. I can literally drink it from the carton! Over. And over again!
These would be real pretty boxed up with some pretty ribbon to give as a teacher gift or a hostess gift! Try some of my other varieties too! Biscotti keeps really well in an airtight container (I actually just use ziploc freezer bags). ENJOY!
Egg Nog Biscotti
Yield: 12-14 large slices
For the Biscotti:
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
For the Glaze:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp eggnog
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- In mixer, beat butter with granulated sugar until creamy. Add eggs and rum extract. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape dough into 12in x 6in rectangle. (Square the corners using fingertips, smoothing the top of the dough too!)
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 28-30 minutes. Remove.
- Allow to cool about 10 minutes. Slice biscotti into 12-14 slices (about 3/4-1 inch each). Turn them on sides and put back in the oven. Bake 20 minutes. Remove and cool completely before adding glaze.
- For the glaze, whisk the powdered sugar, eggnog and nutmeg together until desired consistency. Drizzle on cooled biscotti. Allow to set (about 20-30 minutes)- or refrigerate to "speed set" the glaze. Store biscotti in airtight containers! ENJOY.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
What treats do you like to give as gifts? Here are a few of MY favorite teacher gift ideas…
Both are fun to make ahead of time and arrange in a pretty box with ribbon!
Do you prefer NO Bake recipes? Easy and delicious, but very little work?
Finally, I love giving the gift of fudge! There is nothing more beautiful than a delicious plate of tasty candy!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**