Cinnamon Breakfast Muffins
Any of you Tastefully Simple fans out there? These taste JUST like their Cinnamon melt muffins (actually I don’t remember what they are called). Rolled in butter and dredged through cinnamon sugar, these definitely will bring you to that sugar high quite quickly. I usually make two batches so that I can freeze them. 25 mini muffins fit quite nicely in a Ziploc gallon bag. I froze 4 bags of these, plus we had another 20 or so left to eat hot out of the oven.
You can make these big (using a regular sized cupcake pan), however you would have less cinnamon/sugar to muffin ratio. And I like crunch of the sugar on my muffin. Plus, you don’t feel as bad eating 3 little ones instead of 1 big one! Trust me on this.
Delicious, easy Cinnamon Donut Breakfast Muffins. These are perfect, popable bites and they freeze well too!
- 3 cup flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- Mix one cup sugar with shortening until well blended. Add eggs.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and nutmeg. Add flour mixture alternately with milk to the creamed mixture. Beat well after each addition.
- Lightly grease mini muffin tins. Fill muffin cups half full (I use a 1 Tbsp scoop). Bake in a 350 degree oven for 13-15 minutes.
- While baking, melt 2 sticks of butter. In separate bowl, mix sugar with cinnamon. Dip baked muffins in butter, coating thoroughly, then coat with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Eat, enjoy, and eat some more!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**