Tender, moist Cinnamon Coffee Cake Donuts with a chunky cinnamon streusel and sweet cinnamon glaze. Baked, not fried, and perfect for a delicious Saturday morning breakfast!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
Summer is officially here! And in our house, that means lazy mornings, lazy afternoons, and lazy evenings.
Well, at least for the teenagers! For me? Not having to drive people to and from places makes for a peaceful morning. Which means, I have more time for baking these delicious breakfast donuts!
It’s no secret that I’m a big fan of Cinnamon Coffee Cake. Or any coffee cake for that matter (just check out my archives). There’s something so wonderful about a hot cup of coffee with a side of cinnamon coffee cake.
But, my kids would much rather enjoy a donut (or two)! So in a compromise, I created these delicious Cinnamon Coffee Cake Donuts! You’ll love the baked donut with the streusel topping and sweet glaze on top!
How to make Cinnamon Coffee Cake Donuts:
- First, using baking spray, grease your donut pan. I love this one from Norpro!
- Next, make the donut batter. Once it’s all combined, I spoon it into a large ziploc bag and snip off the corner. Then squeeze into each donut cavity, evenly distributing the batter between donuts.
- Make the streusel in a small bowl, and using a fork, combine the melted butter with dry ingredients until crumbly. Pat evenly over the donut batter.
- Bake doughnuts in a 350 degree oven for 10-13 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow to cool in pan 5 minutes, then flip out onto a wire rack to cool completely. I use a butter knife to gently flip them out of pan without dropping streusel everywhere.
- For the glaze, whisk the sugar, milk and cinnamon and drizzle over cooled donuts. Allow to set (about 5 minutes) and enjoy!
If you love donuts, here are a few of my favorite doughnut recipes:
- Soft pumpkin donuts topped with a maple glaze are exactly how I want to celebrate a fall morning. Bake a batch of Maple Glazed Pumpkin Donuts today!
- Bake (yes bake!) up a batch of these Pumpkin Streusel Donuts today! All the delicious flavors of fall in one breakfast treat!
- Pioneer Woman’s glazed donuts are light, fluffy, and the best homemade donuts I’ve ever eaten. Love this Glazed Donut recipe from Bless This Mess!
- Love Girl Scout cookies? You will adore these low carb Samoa donuts from All Day I Dream About Food. They’re topped with sugar-free coconut caramel and chocolate.
Just looking for more Coffee Cake recipes? Be sure to try my favorite Cinnamon Sour Cream Coffee Cake. Or check out my complete list of coffee cake recipes here! Make a quick batch of Cinnamon Coffee creamer to go with your hot cup of coffee. A delicious pairing with these sweet donuts! Don’t forget to try this Zucchini Bread recipe, it tastes like coffee cake as well!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Cinnamon Coffee Cake Donuts recipe:
Tender, moist Coffee Cake Donuts with a chunky cinnamon streusel and sweet cinnamon glaze. Baked, not fried, and perfect for a delicious Saturday morning breakfast!
For the donut:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
For the streusel:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Spray donut pan with non stick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, begin making the donut batter. Combine the sugar with butter and beat until blended. Add in the egg. Mix in the milk, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Beat until combined (about 1-2 minutes).
- Once it's all combined, spoon it into a large ziploc bag and snip off the corner. Then squeeze into each donut cavity, evenly distributing the batter between donuts.
- For the streusel, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter with a fork. Spoon over batter.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool in pan about 10 minutes. Remove and cool completely on wire rack.
- For the glaze, whisk together the sugar, milk, and cinnamon until smooth. Drizzle over cooled donuts and allow to set, about 5 minutes. ENJOY!