Bake (yes bake!) up a batch of these Pumpkin Streusel Donuts today! All the delicious flavors of fall in one breakfast treat. Moist pumpkin donuts topped with a cinnamon streusel and vanilla glaze are ready in 30 minutes!
Baked Pumpkin Donuts
Yes, it’s possible to make baked donuts that are every bit as delicious as fry cakes. The real pumpkin in these easy donuts makes them oh so moist without needing to be fried in oil.
I can’t get enough pumpkin everything during this time of year and these donuts definitely hit the spot! Those fall spices will make your kitchen smell amazing as they’re baking.
Don’t forget to brew a fresh pot of coffee to make your homemade donut experience complete!
- Pumpkin puree – The batter uses plenty of real pumpkin puree to pack every donut with the fall flavor you love. It’s important to use canned pumpkin (just pumpkin) not pumpkin pie filling or pie mix!
- Spices – I use cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves in these donuts. You can substitute pumpkin pie spice mix for the total amount of spice in the donuts if needed.
- Streuseul – To make the streusel, you’ll need brown sugar, unsalted butter, flour and more ground cinnamon!
- Glaze – This glaze uses a simple blend of milk, powdered sugar and, yes, even more cinnamon.
Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1. Pumpkin Donuts
In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar until creamy. Add in egg and vanilla, beat until combined. Blend in pumpkin puree. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Beat until a thick, smooth batter forms.
Spoon the batter into a large plastic resealable bag. Snip off the corner and pipe into donut pans sprayed with baking spray.
STEP 2. Streusel topping
In a small bowl, combine streusel ingredients with a fork. Sprinkle generously over pumpkin batter. Press streusel gently to the top of batter.
STEP 3. Bake
Bake the streusel topped donuts in 375 degree oven for about 13-15 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool in pan for about 5 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. While the donuts are cooling, make the glaze.
STEP 4. Glaze
Whisk the powdered sugar with milk and cinnamon until smooth. Drizzle over cooled donuts. Allow to set about 5 minutes and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Fill each donut cavity only about half full. When you add the streusel topping, it should completely fill the cavity to the top.
- When making the glaze, start by adding a tablespoon of the milk. Whisk and add more milk as needed to reach the consistency you like in your glaze. I prefer my glaze to be pourable enough to easily drizzle over the prepared donuts, but not so runny that it drips right off.
- These donuts taste best eaten within 2 days. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
- To freeze the donuts, let cool completely then transfer to freezer bags before adding the glaze. Let thaw at room temperature and add glaze a few minutes before serving.
These easy baked donuts make a PERFECT autumn breakfast! The aroma of the pumpkin and spices as they bake is enough to lure even the biggest sleepyhead out of bed.
I love one of these donuts dipped in my morning coffee. So much better than making a run to the donut shop and only 30 minutes of effort.
Make Pumpkin Donuts with Streusel Topping part of your breakfast routine this fall!
More Donut Recipes
- Neapolitan Donuts: chocolate baked donuts with a strawberry glaze and white chocolate drizzle. OMG!
- Baked Chocolate Donuts: a classic baked chocolate cake donut with a smooth, rich, decadent chocolate glaze!