Maple Glazed Pumpkin Donuts
Soft pumpkin donuts topped with a maple glaze are exactly how I want to celebrate a fall morning. Bake a batch of Maple Glazed Pumpkin Donuts today!
Click HERE to PIN IT for later!
Hi, my name is Aimee, and I have an obsession with pumpkin.
It’s true. And while I have many people who follow me on facebook cringing at all the pumpkin recipes I share, I can’t help myself. Every recipe is amazing. I big, fat, puffy heart, scented sticker LOVE pumpkin (dramatic much?) If it were socially acceptable to share pumpkin recipes all year long, I totally would.
I also love the maple pumpkin combination. I’ve used it several times! Like in this Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake or these Pumpkin Hand Pies with Maple Glaze. The flavor profile is truly irresistible in my opinion.
However, I’m married to an anti-pumpkin person. He hates all things pumpkin. So when my girls had a sleepover last week with a few of their friends, I knew I wanted to bake up a DOUBLE batch of these Maple Glazed Pumpkin Donuts. It was a win-win. We all enjoyed the delicious donuts, and my husband wasn’t pressured to eat one or shamed for refusing them, haha!
A few notes about this recipe:
- I use this donut pan. I know some of you are going to email me and say, “I don’t have a donut pan, what can I use.” Well, these donuts need a donut pan or they aren’t donuts. Love the pumpkin with maple? Then make a batch of a Pumpkin Muffins with Maple Glaze instead. Or order a donut pan from Amazon. 🙂
- Spray that pan with baking spray. Be generous. Nothing worse than trying to flip your donuts out of the pan and having them stick. (Okay, maybe not having donuts in the first place is worse…)
- Whisk your glaze in a shallow bowl. Dunk the top of the donut, then carefully pull it out and place it on a wire rack to allow glaze to set. That will only take a few minutes! I let my donuts cool completely, otherwise the glaze will get runny. Which, is not a horrible thing, it will just be lighter and runnier (much more like a krispy kreme glaze donuts). The drawback to a warm donut though is it could fall apart as you dunk it. So be careful.
- Make a double batch. Seriously. You know you want to. You can freeze these donuts (without the glaze)…but I suggest you just eat them. Immediately. Wipe the glaze off your chin and resume eating your healthy Spinach Salad. I won’t tell.
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
FOR THE DONUTS:
FOR THE GLAZE:
Love these Maple Glazed Pumpkin Donuts? Here are a few pumpkin treats from my friends:
- I love this Pumpkin Pecan Bread from Inside BruCrew Life. That crunchy topping stole my heart!
- My family has chosen this Pumpkin Magic Cake as our Thanksgiving dessert. Move over pumpkin pie (shocking right???)!
- Grab and go breakfast foods are a must in my busy family. These Pumpkin Oat Breakfast Cookies from A Dash of Sanity look amazing!
- Need something a little healthier in your life? How about my Pumpkin Pie Smoothie recipe?
- Whip up a delicious fall breakfast with these Whole Wheat Pumpkin Waffles from Bless this Mess!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**