Quite possibly the easiest, most delicious mini muffin ever.
Even my egg nog hating husband enjoyed these! Plus, this recipe makes about 72 mini muffins. That’s a lot of muffins folks. I freeze them in ziploc gallon freezer bags (1-2 dozen per bag). Thaw on counter before serving…these are fantastic to keep on hand during the holiday season!
Seriously. Look at the nutmeg in there. Mmmmm…..
Go make a batch of them today so you have some in YOUR freezer for Christmas morning! One of our favorite traditions is leaving a cup of eggnog (instead of milk) for Santa. I think he would enjoy a few of these muffins instead of cookies too! At least I know OUR Santa would!!
If you enjoyed these Egg Nog Muffins, you may also enjoy these recipes….
Cinnamon Breakfast Muffins– copycat Tastefully Simple Cinnamon Muffin Melts…delicious, bite sized cinnamon muffins! by Shugary Sweets
Baked Eggnog Donuts– easy, baked donut recipe…filled with eggnog flavors! by Shugary Sweets
These Christmas Morning Egg Nog Muffins are the perfect holiday breakfast.
For the Muffins:
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup butter flavored crisco
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, mix Crisco with granulated sugar until blended. Add eggs. Slowly add in flour mixture and eggnog.
- Lightly spray mini muffin cup pan with baking spray. Fill muffin cups 1/2 full and bake in a 350 degree oven for 13-15 minutes. Makes 72 mini muffins. Cool completely.
- Whisk together eggnog, nutmeg and powdered sugar. Dip tops of muffins into glaze and allow to set (about 15 minutes). ENJOY!