Turtle Fudge is made with a rich, chocolate base and swirled with caramel and packed with crunchy pecans!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
**This post is sponsored by Fisher Nuts. I am excited to be partnering with them this year and bringing you all some delicious recipes! **
Do you ever feel kinda “grinch-y”? This year I’ve been struggling to get into the holiday spirit. Which is so completely odd for me, seeing that I normally am pulling out my decorations right after Halloween!
To “un-grinch” myself, I thought it would be helpful to begin my holiday baking.
As I was making my candy list, I realized I don’t have a Turtle Fudge recipe! I knew this had to change. I love rich chocolate fudge with creamy caramels and crunchy nutty, pecans!
In my continuing partnership with Fisher Nuts, I created this Turtle Fudge for this months recipe. I love that Fisher Nuts are preservative free, non GMO, and their fresh, nutty flavor is perfect in today’s fudge. I thought about toasting the pecans first, but I think Fisher Nuts Pecans already have a deep flavor that it wasn’t necessary to take that extra step! Fisher Nuts also have a resealable bag, so if you find yourself snacking on the nuts, you can zip it closed and they stay fresh longer!
One of the nice things about making candy for the holidays is that it can be made in advance! I usually make fudge a week or two before, and keep it (unsliced) in a ziploc bag until ready to use.
I can’t wait to share this recipe with my family this year at our holiday party! I’m sure they are going to love it! What is your best tip for the holidays? Share in the comments!!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Fisher Nuts:
Yield: 120 pieces
Prep Time:15 minutes, plus 3 hour chill time
Cook Time:12 minutes
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 25 marshmallows
- 1 package (11.5 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 package (11 oz) caramel bits, or about 2 cups caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 package (10 oz) Fisher Nuts Pecan Halves (about 2 1/2 cups)
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, milk, and butter.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Once boiling, keep at a rolling boil for two full minutes (still stirring).
- For this next step, I use a stand mixer with whisk attachment, but a hand mixer would work too.
- In a large bowl, combine marshmallows and chocolates, and vanilla extract.
- Pour hot mixture over these ingredients and blend until smooth. I turn my mixer on medium speed and allow it to blend for about 2-3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl several times.
- While this is mixing, place your caramel and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Once the chocolate fudge mixture is smooth, and all the marshmallows are melted, fold in the pecan halves. Pour the fudge mixture into a parchment paper lined 15inch x 10inch x 1inch baking sheet. Drizzle with hot caramel, using a knife to swirl it into the fudge.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours, or overnight.
- Cut into small bites and enjoy, or keep in large pieces in a ziploc bag (uncut) for up to two weeks!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**This is a sponsored post on behalf of Fisher Nuts. I was compensated for my time, however all opinions expressed are 100% my own!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fisher nuts. The opinions and text are all mine.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**