Pepperoni Pizza Dip

by aimee @ shugarysweets on November 9, 2013

Easy Pepperoni Pizza Dip recipe! Who wants a little cheese at their next tailgating party?

Pepperoni Pizza Dip: an easy appetizer that's sure to please any crowd!

So, can I be totally honest with you guys? Sometimes, I’m guilty of making dip for dinner.

Like, this queso dip…yep it was dinner one night.

Today’s pizza dip recipe was no exception! But think about it. Cheese, pepperoni, bread, pizza sauce. It seriously covers all the basic food groups, right?

Anyways, I remember the first time I saw this dip. It was the year I graduated nursing school (1996) and I was in orientation on a medical-surgical hospital floor. As was customary back then, weekends in the nurses lounge were like a big potluck. Sometimes it was an organized food fest, with a theme. But most of the time the nurses randomly brought food to share with each other. There was always a big tin of candy and cookies from patients and doctors as well.

But back to this dip. I remember this dip so clearly because while I was in orientation, I was also pregnant with my first child. I was so sick with morning sickness. I had to avoid everything with red sauce, just the thought of red sauce made me nauseous.

So when I saw this dip in the back room, I was saddened that I couldn’t try it. My friend gave me the recipe though, and as soon as my son was delivered, this dip was all I could think about. And it became a staple at many birthday parties, BBQ’s and get togethers with my family for years!

Pepperoni Pizza Dip: an easy appetizer that's sure to please any crowd!

But there was a difference. It wasn’t made with pepperoni. I first tried (and made) this dip using chopped green peppers and onion on top. Which, my friends, is a delicious way to eat this dip (with or without the pepperoni)!

Here in Ohio, for whatever reason, Pepperoni Pizza rolls are a big thing (maybe they are a big thing everywhere and I never noticed??). So I turned everyone’s favorite pizza roll into a dip. I thought I was so clever and smart.

And then I went on Pinterest and realized…I’m not so creative, this has been done a million times before. Hahaha!!!

But, it hasn’t been done with MY story. So think of me next time you eat this dip. Unless that’s weird for you. Cause it’s kinda weird for me!

Pepperoni Pizza Dip: an easy appetizer that's sure to please any crowd!

Are you following me on Bloglovin’? It’s my favorite way to keep up with the blogs I want to read!

Connect with Shugary Sweets!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Pepperoni Pizza Dip

Rating: 51

Yield: serves 10-12

• 8oz cream cheese, softened
  • 2 tsp Italian seasoning, divided
  • 1 tsp oregano, divided
  • 1 can (14oz) pizza sauce
  • 8oz (2cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 grated parmesan cheese
  • 16 pepperoni slices
  • pinch crushed red pepper

1. In a microwave safe 9inch pie plate, spread softened cream cheese evenly to cover the bottom of dish. Sprinkle with 1 tsp Italian seasoning and 1/2 tsp oregano. Top with pizza sauce. Sprinkle the cheeses over the sauce and top with the pepperoni. Add the remaining Italian seasoning, oregano and crushed red pepper by sprinkling it over the top.
  2. Cover pie plate with plastic wrap and microwave for 4-6 minutes, time will vary depending on microwave. Dip is done when cheese is melted and bubbly.
  3. Serve with crusty french bread or crackers. ENJOY.

Notes

You can substitute chopped green pepper and chopped onion for the pepperoni if desired (about 1 cup total).

Looking for more great GAME DAY ideas?

My GAME DAY PINTEREST board is full of recipes to make your next party a hit!

Artichoke Jalapeno Dip

Artichoke Jalapeno Dip makes a great snack. Perfect for game day or any day!

Jalapeno Corn Dip

Jalapeno Corn Dip: this is one of my most requested recipes at family potlucks!

Peppermint Patty Footballs

These EASY Peppermint Patty Footballs are not only delicious, but adorable too!

chocolate oatmeal cream pies

My kids LOVE these Chocolate Oatmeal Cream pies…especially when they are in football shapes!

Erin | The Emerging Foodie November 9, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Oh my yum! No reason to feel guilty about this for dinner! Totally allowed. This looks incredible!
Erin | The Emerging Foodie recently posted..3-Ingredient Pumpkin Ice CreamMy Profile

Stephanie @ PlainChicken November 9, 2013 at 2:34 pm

I love this dip. I could eat it as my meal!
Stephanie @ PlainChicken recently posted..Fire Crackerz {Football Friday}My Profile

Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent November 9, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Dip for dinner is awesome :)
Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent recently posted..Operation Christmas ChildMy Profile

tinasdeliciousdishes.com November 10, 2013 at 7:32 am

Hi Aimee
When I feel like I’ve most certainly developed the next best recipe, I can always go to Pinterest and have my bubble burst finding a thousand pins of the almost identical recipe. Curse you Pinterest! :) But it’s always the stories that make them different.
Loved the story and the recipe…good job!
tinasdeliciousdishes.com recently posted..Red Beans And Rice New Orleans StyleMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 10, 2013 at 9:22 am

I have the same love-hate relationship with Pinterest :)

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos November 10, 2013 at 9:34 am

You had me at pepperoni pizza…the fact that it’s a dip is a huge bonus!! I love dip for dinner ;)
Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos recently posted..Cranberry Pear PieMy Profile

Karly November 10, 2013 at 11:30 am

My kids would freak out about this. Well, not my daughter…she’d throw all her pepperoni at her brother. But my son? He’d inhale it. So would I.
Karly recently posted..Sweet Potato Cookies with Browned Butter GlazeMy Profile

Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life November 10, 2013 at 1:48 pm

If I didn’t live with 1/2 a dozen meat and potatoes people, I would live off of dips! Haha, I felt that way when I made pizza sandwiches and felt so smart … until I searched on Pinterest:) Ah well, my family thought it was great! We LOVE this dip and I’ll have to try the peppers and green onions version – it sounds amazing!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust November 10, 2013 at 7:49 pm

I didn’t know you were a nurse! That’s cool. :) And this dip – OMG. I love it! Pizza dip is my FAVORITE.
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Peppermint Gooey BarsMy Profile

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain November 11, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Dip for Dinner sounds like the best idea ever. Seriously. Coming from someone who ate mashed potatoes for dinner (plz dont judge me lol) I am ALL for dip for dinner. Especially pizza dip! It’s sort of just like having pizza, only creamier and cheezier and AWESOME. :D
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Stuffed MushroomsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 12, 2013 at 7:38 am

I would never judge. Mashed potatoes is a perfect dinner. Top it with cheese and bacon and you’ve got a full course meal.

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel November 11, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Oh. My. Gravy. Shut up right now. Pizza dip? I am salivating. Warning to myself: NEVER visit Aimee’s blog while hungry. EVER! And BTW, I am now booking a red eye to your home STAT.
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel recently posted..Biscoff Apple Empanadas & a Lucky 13 Recipe Contest + Lucky Leaf Giveaway!!My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 12, 2013 at 7:29 am

Ummm, good morning. Where are you? Your flight didn’t come in!

Renee @ Awesome on $20 November 12, 2013 at 12:53 am

I serve dip for dinner all the time. It’s pretty much always awesome! This one looks great!
Renee @ Awesome on $20 recently posted..Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Spiced Maple ButterMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 12, 2013 at 7:27 am

Thanks Renee. Glad to hear there are others who eat dip for dinner :)

Nutmeg Nanny November 15, 2013 at 9:22 pm

I am dying over here over this dip! This looks absolutely incredible!! I must have this asap
Nutmeg Nanny recently posted..Shiitake Mushroom and Kale RamenMy Profile