PayDay Truffles

by aimee @ shugarysweets on March 3, 2014

Love PayDay candy bars? Try making these delicious PayDay truffles at home! Bite sized, copycat candy…doesn’t get better than this!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Copycat PayDay candy bars in truffle form! Delicious bites of peanut, caramel goodness!

I seriously love making candy. Fudge, truffles, mints…I love it.

My waistline might not love it so much, but there is so much joy in re-creating a favorite recipe.

One of my favorite candy bars is a PayDay. Full of peanuts and chewy caramel/peanut butter filling. I love the sweet and salty combo in these candy bars!

After a quick search online, there are hundreds of PayDay candy bar recipes. They are almost all identical. I have no idea who originated this delicious treat, but thank you. It truly is like eating the real thing.

But today, I wanted something different. I like different. I like to change things up sometimes. And I LOVE truffles.

It only made sense to take these copycat homemade PayDay candy bars and turn them into something bite sized. Right?

So….if you want to give these a try, head on over to Food Fanatic today for the recipe. You can PRINT the recipe too! ENJOY!

Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen March 3, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Oh I love Payday bars! These look perfect Aimee!
Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen recently posted..Show Me Your Plaid Monday’sMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 4, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Thanks Chandra, I love em too!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..PayDay TrufflesMy Profile

Mary Frances March 3, 2014 at 4:14 pm

You have the best photos! I love truffles – traditional flavors in mini balls! Peanuts and caramel are so good together – Payday all the way!

aimee @ shugarysweets March 4, 2014 at 1:20 pm

You’re so sweet!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..PayDay TrufflesMy Profile

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) March 3, 2014 at 4:15 pm

These payday truffles are absolutely amazing! I seriously want these!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) recently posted..Creole Pot Pie With Andouille and ChickenMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 4, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Thanks Jocelyn, I would share but I ate them all :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..PayDay TrufflesMy Profile

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie March 3, 2014 at 7:42 pm

I happen to love Paydays! Gotta have these.
Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie recently posted..Amaretto-Maple Glazed Pork ChopsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 4, 2014 at 1:23 pm

We are the same :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..PayDay TrufflesMy Profile

Sues March 3, 2014 at 10:00 pm

What a great idea for a truffle…. These look so delicious!
Sues recently posted..Blood Orange Habanero CocktailMy Profile

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain March 4, 2014 at 11:16 am

These are SO cute! And they are bite-sized, which means they have no calories. Obviously. ;)
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Coconut Covered, Caramel Stuffed, Chocolate CookiesMy Profile

Nutmeg Nanny March 4, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Oh boy, these look like trouble! I would eat these up so so fast haha they look so good!
Nutmeg Nanny recently posted..Salted Caramel Guinness BrowniesMy Profile

Healing Tomato March 4, 2014 at 7:00 pm

I don’t think I could ever look at a Payday the same way again. What a wonderful idea for truffles.
Healing Tomato recently posted..Vegetarian Beet ChiliMy Profile

Jenn @ Deliciously Sprinkled March 4, 2014 at 8:18 pm

WOW, these sound even better than the PayDay candy bar! Pinned :)
Jenn @ Deliciously Sprinkled recently posted..Mint Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

Dana March 4, 2014 at 10:24 pm

Just curious what you recommend for the dulce de leche. These look amaze-balls!

aimee @ shugarysweets March 5, 2014 at 5:32 pm

I use La Lechera, but I know you can make your own using sweetened condensed milk too. The La Lechera is already thickened and perfect for these truffles (you can find it either in the ethnic aisle and/or next to the sweetened condensed milk).

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel March 5, 2014 at 11:23 am

I super mega love PayDays, but they are definitely my dad’s end-all-be-all favorite candy bars! He would flip if I made these for him :)
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel recently posted..Andes Thin Mint CupcakesMy Profile

Jocelyn@Brucrewlife March 6, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Oh, how I love these truffles! Being bite size means I can eat 10 of them, and not feel guilty, right?! :)
Jocelyn@Brucrewlife recently posted..Sesame Ginger ChickenMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 6, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Absolutely correct :)

Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik March 6, 2014 at 3:21 pm

Trust me…you have nothin’ to worry about in the waistline department, haha ;). These look amazing – pinned and sharing!!!
Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik recently posted..Half Baked BitesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 6, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Aww you’re so sweet!! Thanks for pinning and sharing :)

Kelly - Life made Sweeter March 7, 2014 at 5:27 am

These look incredible Aimee! I love that you made truffles out of the payday candy bar flavors. Peanut butter and dulce de luce are so good together and can’t wait to give these babies a try – pinning!
Kelly – Life made Sweeter recently posted..Nutella Swirl PancakesMy Profile