Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies

Looking for a snack that makes the whole family smile? This Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies recipe is just what you need. Sweet cinnamon muddy buddies with a little extra help from Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies. These are so good you won't be able to stop snacking!!

I have a confession. I am a cereal hoarder. At any time you can open my pantry and you will see at least a dozen different types of cereal, some open, some not.

I blame my parents for this. Actually, I blame my brothers for this.

Growing up as the only girl with 3 brothers, food came and went quickly at our house. My mom would walk in the door with bags of groceries, and within minutes there were a dozen empty Little Debbie wrappers, cheese wrappers (remember the Kraft cheese that came individually wrapped, I lived on it), and open boxes of cereal.

Usually it seemed my mom would buy 2 or 3 big boxes of boring cereal (corn flakes, cheerios, rice krispies) and one box of FUN cereal (Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Fruity Pebbles, and my favorite…Golden Grahams).

My brothers never opened a box of cereal and ate a normal size bowl. They would find the biggest tupperware mixing bowl and eat out of that (sorry Ty, Chris and Jeff for exposing your eating habits to all my readers). Imagine the three of them eating cereal for breakfast, one bowl each and the box was gone.

So I did what any smart girl would do, I would grab to “FUN” box and hide it in my room. When the moment was right, I would enjoy my cereal in peace and quiet, and not worry about it being gone before I ever had a chance.

This began my cereal hoarding.

Last month I cleaned out my pantry. And found a lot of cereal. Mostly half open boxes of Chex mix and Rice Krispies. Every time I go to make Krispie Treats or Muddy Buddies I buy new boxes, forgetting if I have any at home. Hence, LOTS of open cereal. So I did what any girl would do…I made Muddy Buddies! (or Puppy Chow, whatever you like to call it).

I wanted to make something Churro like. You know, for Cinco de Mayo. Which basically means I added a bunch of cinnamon to the melted vanilla bark. And tossed in some Cinnamon Toast Crunch for an even bigger cinnamon kick!

And then I actually shared  it with my kids. And now I’m sharing the easy recipe with you!

ENJOY!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies

Yield: 9 cups

Delicious, sweet Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies. Filled with a cinnamon kick!

• 8 cup Rice Chex cereal
  • 16oz Vanilla Candiquik
  • 4 tsp cinnamon, divided
  • 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal

1. Melt Candiquik (or other vanilla candy coating) in microwave according to package directions. Stir in 3 tsp cinnamon until blended. In a large mixing bowl, combine Rice Chex cereal with melted candiquik. Stir until coated completely. In a large gallon size ziploc bag, add powdered sugar with remaining 1 tsp cinnamon. Close bag and shake to combine. Add vanilla coated cereal mix to bag, zip closed and shake! Make sure all the cereal has been covered. Add Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal.
  2. Store in airtight container for up to one week. ENJOY.

Love Snickerdoodles? Here are some more cinnamon inspired treats….

snickerdoodles-1

These chewy Vanilla Bean Snickerdoodle cookies are hands down my FAVORITE Snickerdoodle. TRY them!

snickerdoodle-cookie-dough-truffles-2

Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Truffles are a delicious no bake treat, perfect for lunches, bake sales, or gifts!

snickerdoodle-biscotti-1-1022x1024

Snickerdoodle Biscotti. The perfect companion to your morning coffee or tea!

Follow Shugary Sweets’s board Snacks and Apps on Pinterest.

38 Responses to “Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies”

1. posted Apr 28, 2014 at 7:40 am

Laughing so hard that cereals scene, because the exact same thing would happen at my house. I have two sisters, so I can’t even imagine how intense it would be with brothers!

• posted Apr 29, 2014 at 8:40 pm

awww, I’m so jealous you have sisters :) I imagine polite, dainty bowls of cereal and laughter…not loud slurping and slobbering, hehe.

2. posted Apr 28, 2014 at 8:01 am

True story. I think it happened in every house! Love how you hid it in your room.

3. posted Apr 28, 2014 at 8:41 am

Muddy buddies have always been one of my favorite snacks! I love this version. So addictive!

4. posted Apr 28, 2014 at 8:59 am

Oh my goodness! Can I have some for breakfast? After all, it is made with cereal!

5. posted Apr 28, 2014 at 9:13 am

I wish I had a bowl of this for breakfast!

6. posted Apr 28, 2014 at 9:14 am

These would be totally dangerous here…we eat cereal without milk by the HANDFUL — Cinnamon Toast Crunch is particular. Yum!!

7. posted Apr 28, 2014 at 9:58 am

Cereal hoarder speaking – I love to eat it by the handful for snacks! I am forever indebted to the creator of Muddy Buddies. My family will be forever indebted to you for creating a snickerdoodle versoin!

• posted Apr 29, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Yes, the original creator of Muddy Buddies was a pure genius!

8. posted Apr 28, 2014 at 11:15 am

My boys will love these! And I can TOTALLY relate to your cereal hoarding! I grew up in a huge family and when a box was bought, it was gone within a day. And Golden Grahams? My fav to this day.

9. posted Apr 28, 2014 at 11:38 am

Loving these muddy buddies! And Cinnamon Crunch – my favorite!!

10. posted Apr 28, 2014 at 12:23 pm

I grew up in a cereal hoarding house. LOL I dont do it here ONLY b.c I have no pantry and no storage. I keep my mixer in my coat closet :) otherwise, yep, would be hoarding. These look amazing! Pinned of course.

• posted Apr 29, 2014 at 8:43 pm

My mixer never leaves to counter. Too heavy!! Plus I use it nearly every day, haha!!! Thanks for pinning Averie :)

11. posted Apr 28, 2014 at 2:00 pm

So simple, so delicious! Seriously. This looks amazing.

12. posted Apr 28, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Cinnamon Toast Crunch doesn’t stand a chance in our house. One sitting and it’s gone. I’m thinking I would have to join you in the hoarding if I wanted any left to make this awesome puppy chow!

13. posted Apr 28, 2014 at 3:40 pm

I am a cereal hoarder like that too! But because my mom would not buy any new cereal until I’d tried it first, and because she wouldn’t buy any more fun cereal until another box was gone. Now we have half open boxes of tons of cereal, but it’s mostly boring adult flavors.

I love that you used the Cinnamon Toast Crunch!! I have a snickerdoodle muddy buddy version in my head and that’s such a great idea (but I won’t steal it, promise). :)

• posted Apr 29, 2014 at 8:49 pm

You’re so funny!!! Can’t wait to see your recipe :)

14. posted Apr 28, 2014 at 4:35 pm

That looks so good! I love cinnamon + cereal :-)

15. posted Apr 28, 2014 at 9:11 pm

OOoooooh! I love the churro/snickerdoodle spin!! And I have that happen all the time-I’ll forget I have an open box of something and then I get home with the new one(s) and am like…oops.

oh well-great excuse to whip up tastiness!

• posted Apr 29, 2014 at 8:49 pm

Exactly! Spaghetti noodles is another thing I have TONS of, but they certainly are not as fun, LOL

16. posted Apr 28, 2014 at 11:43 pm

I can never buy enough cereal! I have no idea what my kids do with it! 3 boxes gone, like that! I’m thinking I would hoard these for sure!

• posted Apr 29, 2014 at 8:50 pm

haha, yes. My kids eat A LOT of cereal. I have resorted to buying BAGS now, you know the bulk stuff. LOL

17. posted Apr 29, 2014 at 1:10 am

I forget how much I love cereal until we buy it. I am totally hooked on chocolate chex, cinnamon toast crunch and frosted flakes. My boyfriend will eat at least 3 bowls in one sitting. Love that these muddy buddies have two types of cereal!

18. posted Apr 29, 2014 at 7:23 am

Cinnamon Toast Crunch was one of my favorite cereals growing up. This recipe looks amazing. Pinned.

19. posted Apr 29, 2014 at 9:07 am

My kids would love these! Pinning!

20. posted Apr 29, 2014 at 10:43 am

This is a great sweet kick. Love cereal snacks!!!

21. posted Apr 29, 2014 at 3:15 pm

I love the idea of doing a non-chocolate muddy buddy recipe. Can’t wait to try this out!

22. posted Apr 29, 2014 at 5:19 pm

I used to be terrible with hoarding cheez its. My mom would buy the smaller, normal sized boxes and poof! They’d be gone in minutes. I imagine this amazingly cinnamony treat disappears just as quickly! I can never get enough cinnamon in my life. 😀

• posted Apr 29, 2014 at 8:52 pm

haha, my oldest daughter has hid Cheez Its. And Oreos. Great choices :)

23. posted Apr 29, 2014 at 8:50 pm

I’m a cereal hoarder too. I’m always amazed at how all the groceries I buy at the store get eaten. I’m also a muddy buddies addict. Love this version!

24. posted Apr 30, 2014 at 4:59 am

Haha I grew up with two older brothers and am a total cereal hoarder too! Cinnamon Toast Crunch was always one of my favorites and still is so I love this recipe! Pinning and can’t wait to try it :)

25. posted Apr 30, 2014 at 12:19 pm

I just made puppy chow this week! Great minds think alike ;). But mine wasn’t this flavor – this is awesome! I secretly LOVE Cinnamon Toast Crunch…hands down my favorite cereal. Must make this version asap!