Caramel Macchiato Coffee Creamer

by aimee @ shugarysweets on July 15, 2014

Homemade coffee creamer is easier to make than you think! Plus, you can pronounce all the ingredients! Caramel Macchiato Coffee Creamer is DELICIOUS.

Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!

Homemade Caramel Macchiato Coffee Creamer: so easy to make at home, and DELICIOUS too!

I am obsessed with coffee. I am a coffee addict.

There. I said it. Can we move on?

Here’s the thing. While I am obsessed with coffee, I am pretty cheap. I hate paying money for Starbuck’s and other coffee shop coffees. I do it occasionally, but I would rather pay the extra money for some good bagged coffee and beans.

And I will pay extra for some delicious coffee creamer too.

But, my one indulgence…Wait. Let’s re-word that. ONE of my indulgences is a Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks. I love the strong coffee with the creamy caramel. And the froth. Oh so delicious.

A couple years ago I learned about Espresso Powder. I buy a jar of this at least once or twice a year. It’s not only great in today’s recipe, but also good in these No Bake Cookies, these Chocolate Espresso Fudge Cookies, Tiramisu, and some Mocha Cupcakes.

In today’s recipe, I added the espresso powder for not only the extra boost of coffee flavor, but it also froths up the coffee creamer. Granted, when adding it to your coffee you lose the froth, but the flavor is incredible.

And because you’re making this creamer at home, you can feel good about what you’re drinking! I use fat free milk and fat free sweetened condensed milk to cut a few calories. Of course then I add 1/3 cup caramel and I’ve achieved balance. While I enjoy it with the fat free milks, it’s even creamier if you use the regular sweetened condensed milk and whole milk.

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Caramel Macchiato Coffee Creamer

• 1 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 tsp espresso powder
  • 14oz sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/3 cup caramel sauce
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract

1. In a quart size mason jar, combine 1/2 cup of the milk with the espresso powder. Microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk smooth, and heat an additional 30 seconds. Add remaining milk, sweetened condensed milk, caramel sauce and vanilla. Screw top on mason jar and shake vigorously until combined.
  2. Store in refrigerator.

Notes

**Use fat free milk and fat free sweetened condensed milk to cut some of the fat.

**I use caramel ice cream topping.

**To determine how long this will last, go by the date on your milk.

Try making some of these other homemade Coffee Creamers too:

Almond Joy Coffee Creamer

Homemade Almond Joy Coffee Creamer: creamy coconut, almond and chocolate creamer! Indulge!

irish-cream-coffee=creamer-4

Irish Cream Coffee Creamer: add a shot of Bailey’s and this is now DESSERT.

french-vanilla-coffee-creamer-2

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer: my most popular coffee creamer recipe. And the one I make most often too!

pumpkin-spice-creamer-1

Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer: now you can enjoy one of your favorite creamers all year long!

Laura @ Raise Your Garden July 15, 2014 at 7:06 am

Hmmmm, I think you just saved me, like a 1000 bucks a year,

Caramel macchiato is hubbys ultimate weakness, he’s an addict! From Starbucks and that costs a mortgage payment! Thanks for sharing, I had NO idea making creamer could be this easy.

But I’m a decaf gal, just warning you!
Laura @ Raise Your Garden recently posted..Keeping Deer Out of the GardenMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets July 15, 2014 at 10:01 am

Glad I could be of service. Hope your hubby enjoys the creamer!

Mallory Lanz July 15, 2014 at 7:41 am

This looks fantastic. I love not having to leave my home for an awesome cup!
Mallory Lanz recently posted..Key Lime Pie CupcakesMy Profile

Betsy | JavaCupcake.com July 15, 2014 at 7:49 am

When I leave Germany next year and move back to the USA…. I’m going to be your neighbor so I can come over every morning for your creamers!!! hehe ;)
Betsy | JavaCupcake.com recently posted..{Review} The Hummingbird Bakery – London, EnglandMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets July 15, 2014 at 9:59 am

How fun!!

Serene @ House of Yumm July 15, 2014 at 7:55 am

So fun!! I’m sitting here drinking my coffee with my store bought caramel creamer…and I’m dreaming about yours! I’m sure it’s so much better. I’ve not made my own creamers yet. I love how simple it seems though! And you have quite a collection of recipes here for me to try :)
Serene @ House of Yumm recently posted..Dine In Order Ahead at BJ’s RestaurantMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets July 15, 2014 at 9:53 am

Oh it’s so simple!! You’ve got to try it!

Kathy July 15, 2014 at 8:30 am

Yum! I am a coffee addict too and I too hate spending money on creamer and Starbucks. There is nothing like a great cup of coffee at home! I love how easy this creamer is. Can’t wait to try it!
Kathy recently posted..Tropical SmoothieMy Profile

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos July 15, 2014 at 8:45 am

I think you’ve rightfully earned the title ‘homemade coffee creamer queen’! I love this!!
Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos recently posted..Salsa Verde Taco DipMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets July 15, 2014 at 9:53 am

Do I get a crown? Or tiara? Or some sort of bling?? Please???

Erin | The Law Student's Wife July 15, 2014 at 9:38 am

You are the coffee queen! I have the same attitude towards creamer: Love it, but don’t want to pay for Starbucks. You’ve got me covered :)
Erin | The Law Student’s Wife recently posted..French Bean SaladMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets July 15, 2014 at 9:52 am

I now consider my life complete. :)

Baby June July 15, 2014 at 9:38 am

That sounds amazing!!
Baby June recently posted..Neapolitan celebration cakes part III – vanilla layer cakeMy Profile

Christie - Food Done Light July 15, 2014 at 10:28 am

I have to try this with the fat free substitutions you mentioned. I keep drooling over all the flavors at the grocery store. I am sure homemade will be so much better.
Christie – Food Done Light recently posted..Sour Cream Dill Cucumber SaladMy Profile

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life July 15, 2014 at 12:04 pm

I love your coffee addiction…keep the creamer recipes coming. You have me addicted to making a new one every once in a while too. I love the caramel and coffee in this one!!!!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Butterscotch M&M Pudding CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets July 16, 2014 at 11:55 pm

Thanks girl. I have a list, so this definitely isn’t the last of my creamers :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Caramel Macchiato Coffee CreamerMy Profile

Jennie @themessybakerblog July 15, 2014 at 12:19 pm

This looks so rich and delicious. My inner coffee addict is jumping for joy.

Averie @ Averie Cooks July 15, 2014 at 2:23 pm

I happen to have all the ingredients on hand and need to try this, Aimee! I love coffee creamer (I think almost more than I love coffee LOL) and caramel macc is one of my favorites! Pinned!

aimee @ shugarysweets July 16, 2014 at 11:56 pm

Thanks (again and again) for pinning :) And I hope you enjoy this, so easy!!!

vicki reinert July 15, 2014 at 2:55 pm

I totally agree with any thing DIY. Especially coffee creamers. I’ve read many recipes, but to date have never tried any of them. I’m considering trying this one though. Would you by any chance have any idea how many calories & fat there is per tablespoon :)

aimee @ shugarysweets July 15, 2014 at 9:05 pm

I have no idea. But I’m sure you plug the ingredients into a nutritional calculator (google it??)

Kelly @ Mostly Homemade Mom July 15, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Easy, cheap, and none of those crazy chemicals – LOVE it! And that adorable glass milk bottle… :)
Kelly @ Mostly Homemade Mom recently posted..BBQ Pepper SteakMy Profile

Jamie | My Baking Addiction July 15, 2014 at 11:48 pm

One of my fave coffee flavors – I’m so excited that I can make it home! Love this!
Jamie | My Baking Addiction recently posted..15 Incredible Ways to Make Nutella More AwesomeMy Profile

Cookbook Queen July 16, 2014 at 9:26 am

I am so not a coffee drinker, but this looks pretty fabulous!

aimee @ shugarysweets July 17, 2014 at 12:02 am

My kids put this in their hot cocoa. :)

Mary Frances July 16, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Starbucks has nothing on this! The fact that I can have a second cup (of coffee that I know what is in it!) and I’m not out three bucks sounds like a major win win to me!
Mary Frances recently posted..{Gluten and Dairy Free} Pear and Almond Mug CakeMy Profile

Thalia @ butter and brioche July 17, 2014 at 4:31 am

i’ve never thought to make my own coffee creamer.. but if its this easier i definitely will be giving it a go!
Thalia @ butter and brioche recently posted..Chocolate Pots de Creme with Earl Grey Cream and Chocolate Almond BiscottiMy Profile

Alexis @ Upside Down Pear July 18, 2014 at 6:54 pm

This sounds crazy delicious! I love flavored coffee creamers, but I hate buying them because of all the extra stuff that’s added. I’ve been trying to make my own, and this will definitely be added to my growing list.
Alexis @ Upside Down Pear recently posted..Beer PancakesMy Profile

jann July 27, 2014 at 11:56 am

These creamers are TO DIE!!! Is there a way to make them sugar free? My apt. manager is a creamer freak, but needs sugar free, hypoglycemic.. I’d love to turn him on to these, sans sugar! Thanks!! Love your posts!!

aimee @ shugarysweets July 27, 2014 at 7:25 pm

I’m not sure Jann, I’ve never tried to make a sugar free version!

Chelsea August 4, 2014 at 3:47 am

Do you heat it just to dissolve the espresso powder? Or is it so that all of the ingredients mix together better? I don’t have access to the powder, and I’ve made my own creamers without heating them before. I just don’t want to mess this one up because it sounds delicious!

Cathy August 30, 2014 at 3:27 pm

All these coffee creamer recipes look fabulous! They seem to make an awful lot more than I could use before the expiry date, though. Do you think there would be any difficulty with making it, and then freezing a portion of it for later?