Chocolate Orange Biscotti
My mind always is thinking of the next great biscotti recipe. Anyone else with me on this?
Okay, so maybe not everyone thinks the same way I do. But, biscotti is a delicious, crunchy treat that is perfect for breakfast.
Seriously, cookies for breakfast. And because biscotti is totally acceptable, you can put anything in them! (hello..turtle biscotti) Today, though, I made some Chocolate Orange Biscotti.
I added orange zest and orange flavoring to the biscotti. I then topped each piece with some melted milk chocolate drizzle. I mixed up some more orange zest with granulated sugar and sprinkled that on the melted chocolate. Biscotti is so easy to make and it’s so impressive to serve to friends, family or enjoy by yourself.
What’s YOUR favorite biscotti combination?
Don’t miss a single recipe: connect with Shugary Sweets!
Chocolate Orange Biscotti
Yield: 16-18 slices
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:45 minutes
For the Biscotti:
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp orange flavoring (extract)
- 1 orange, zested
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the Garnish:
- 1 orange zested
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until combined, about 2 minutes. Add in eggs, orange extract and orange zest. Slowly add flour and baking powder.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, shape dough into a 12inch by 4 inch rectangular log, patting evenly (will be about 1/2 inch high). Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and slice biscotti into 16-18 slices. Arrange slices on their sides, leaving a little space between each slice. return to oven and bake an additional 20 minutes. Remove and cool completely before garnishing.
- When cool, drizzle melted chocolate over each slice. In a small bowl mix the zest of one orange with the sugar, using a fork. Sprinkle immediately over the melted chocolate. ENJOY!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
Love Biscotti? This Caramel Macchiato biscotti is a favorite in our home!
Snickerdoodle Biscotti. Truly it’s a cookie for breakfast. But, totally acceptable too!
Cranberry Orange Biscotti. Another delicious combination!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**