Oatmeal Cream Pie
I love you. I really do. I know you said if I bake things you love it doesn’t show that. Because then you eat them. And regret it. But, I bake them because I love you. And the kids. Please accept this tray of homemade oatmeal cream pies as a token of my love. Or, stay at work until we have finished eating them.
For the Cookie:
- 1 cup margarine (NOT butter) OR 1 cup butter flavored Crisco
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1½ cup quick oats
For the Filling:
- 2 tsp very hot water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ (7oz) jars of Marshmallow Fluff
- ¾ cup butter flavor Crisco
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In large bowl, beat margarine, brown sugar, granulated sugar, molasses, vanilla and eggs. Add flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix in the oats. Drop by ONE tablespoon onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes in a 350 degree oven, until just starting to brown around the edges. DON’T OVERCOOK!
- After cookies have cooled, combine hot water with salt and mix until salt is dissolved.
- In large bowl, beat marshmallow fluff with Crisco, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat on high until fluffy. Add in salt water and mix until well combined.
- Spread filling on one cookie and press second cookie on top. Enjoy!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**