Pumpkin Streusel Donuts
Bake (yes bake!) up a batch of these Pumpkin Streusel Donuts today! All the delicious flavors of fall in one breakfast treat!
Be sure to sign up for my free email subscription…new recipes in your inbox
Do you ever wonder what people say about you when you’re not around?
I don’t. You know why? Because I’m over 40. I think that’s part of getting older. You stop caring what people think. That’s why old men wear black knee socks with white gym shoes.
I happened to run out to the store the other day, and once again it happened to me. I found myself wearing slippers. Of course, it didn’t happen until I was halfway through the store. Granted they are moccasins, so I can kinda get away with it (they weren’t fluffy bunny slippers).
But still. Seriously. This is why cold weather is a killer. I wear slippers all day in the house and leave without giving it a second thought.
It’s a good thing when I returned from my embarrassing shopping trip I had a batch of these delicious Pumpkin Streusel Donuts waiting for me on the counter. I immediately brewed myself some coffee, kicked up my feet (slippers and all) and took time to relax.
Okay, we all know that didn’t actually happen (the relaxing part)….what really happened was more like “in an effort to not think about what just happened I shoved a donut in my mouth as fast as possible, washing it down with some cold coffee that was on my counter top.” This my friends is called, keeping it real.
In all seriousness though, you guys need to try making these. I used my favorite donut pan (THIS ONE) and went to work. The recipe only makes 6 donuts, so it’s super easy and you’ll have them ready in 30 minutes. ENJOY!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Pumpkin Streusel Donuts
Yield: 6 donuts
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 13-15 minutes
For the donuts:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
For the streusel:
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Spray donut pan (I use this one) with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar until creamy. Add in egg and vanilla, beat until combined.
- Blend in pumpkin puree. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Beat until well combined. Batter will be very thick. Spoon into a large plastic resealable bag. Snip off the corner and pipe into donut pans, filling them about 1/2 full.
- In a small bowl, combine streusel ingredients with a fork. Sprinkle generously over pumpkin batter. Press streusel gently to the top of batter (it will fill the donut cavity completely at this point).
- Bake in 375 degree oven for about 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for about 5 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Once cooled, whisk together the glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cooled donuts. Allow to set about 5 minutes and enjoy!
Here are some more delicious donut recipes:
Neapolitan Donuts: chocolate baked donuts with a strawberry glaze and white chocolate drizzle. OMG!
Baked Chocolate Donuts: a classic baked chocolate cake donut with a smooth, rich, decadent chocolate glaze!
Eggnog Donuts: a classic Christmas morning treat!
If you love today’s Pumpkin Donut recipe, you may also enjoy these donuts from my friends:
- Peanut Butter Donuts with Chocolate Glaze from Buns in my Oven
- Oreo Overload Donuts from The First Year Blog
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Donuts from Beyond Frosting
- Baked Nutella Donuts from Cooking Classy
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**