Four-ingredient Instant Pot Strawberry Jam is unbelievably easy! Bursting with sweet strawberry flavor, this homemade jam takes less than 30 minutes to make.
Why this Recipe Works
I’ll be honest: I’m not one of those people who’s constantly making their own jams and preserves. Traditional recipes call for lots of standing over a stove, constantly checking the temperature and then dividing it into jars.
Now that I learned how to make strawberry jam in the instant pot though, I’m sold. Homemade jam has so much more flavor than the kind I was buying from the store.
- No pectin jam recipe. This jam thickens beautifully with a little cornstarch and sugar.
- Sweet and tangy. A squeeze of lemon juice brightens the natural sweetness of the strawberries.
- Super quick and easy! The Instant Pot is the quickest way to make jam from scratch.
The Instant Pot takes the guess work out of jam making too. In just a few simple steps, you have an amazing strawberry spread to slather on your morning toast.
You only need four ingredients for Instant Pot Strawberry Jam.
- Strawberries – Halved with the stems removed.
- Granulated sugar- This both sweetens the jam and helps it thicken.
- Lemon juice – The citric acid helps the jam “set” while enhancing the sweet strawberry flavor.
- Cornstarch – This incorporates with the juices in the strawberries making the jam thick but spreadable.
First, stir together the sugar and strawberries in the instant pot. After about 10 minutes, the berries will have released their juices into the pot.
From here, you’ll add lemon juice and make a cornstarch slurry. After pressure cooking the strawberries for 2 minutes, add the slurry and cook the jam on the SAUTE mode until it’s thickened.
Let the jam cool then serve or store in refrigerator.
Tips and Tricks
- Stir: Mix up the jam with a spoon every couple of minutes as it cooks to keep ingredients from separating.
- Smooth jam: If you want a thinner and smoother jam, use an immersion blender to break up the berry chunks.
- Serving Suggestions: We love this strawberry jam spread on everything from toast to English muffins. It’s delicious on biscuits, morning glory muffins, dinner rolls and even pancakes and waffles.
Yes, frozen strawberry halves are a great option! Increase the pressure cooking time to 3 minutes if using frozen.
This strawberry jam can be canned using a boiling water bath method. Jams should not be pressure canned due to food safety concerns.
This jam can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several weeks. For longer storage, it freezes well too. Use freezer safe containers to freeze jam for up to 6 months.
This recipe yields about 1 and 1/4 cups of strawberry jam–enough to fill a 12 ounce jelly jar.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Rice Pudding
- Instant Pot Peach Cobbler
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Instant Pot Chocolate Cake
- Instant Pot Cheesecake
The best and easiest homemade Strawberry Jam is made in the Instant Pot! Keep a jar full in the fridge and enjoy it on everything from English muffins to waffles.