I don’t know if I’ve ever confessed this before, but peanut butter isn’t my favorite ingredient. I enjoy an occasional peanut butter treat, but it wouldn’t be my first choice.
This fudge though, definitely changed my opinion on peanut butter desserts. The creamy fudge combined with an occasional chewy marshmallow and crunch peanut…oh my! Plus, it’s so easy to make. Don’t be scared of the candy thermometer. Stick it in the pan, and boil boil boil until soft ball stage (I think I took it out a few degrees before because I was impatient, and it turned out JUST PERFECT).
Make this for yourself, or that special someone in your life!
Yield: 2 dozen
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- pinch of kosher salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cup mini marshmallows, divided
- 1/2 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts
- Prepare square 9inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large saucepan, add sugar, corn syrup, salt and milk. Bring to a boil and continue boiling until candy thermometer reaches soft ball stage (about 235 degrees). DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in one cup of marshmallows. Stir stir stir, until melted. Add in peanut butter and mix until completely blended. Fold in remaining marshmallows and peanuts.
- Immediately pour into baking dish, working quickly to spread and smooth. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to an hour. Cut into slices and keep refrigerated for best taste! Enjoy!