Layered Chicken Taco Salad
Need an impressive looking salad for a picnic this weekend? Try making a Layered Chicken Taco Salad. Kid and adult friendly!!
This month was our big road trip. It was amazing and memorable and I haven’t even sat down to work on pictures from the trip yet. Here’s one thing I can tell you, we consumed 8lbs of Red Vines on our 3 week road trip. We actually consumed 8lbs of Red vines in two weeks, but I refused to buy another tub for week 3. Especially since I probably consumed about 6 of those 8lbs. No joke. I even came home 6 pounds heavier!
So of course, we get home from vacation, and I have been making my family eat salad every day for dinner. When you spend 3 weeks on a road trip you don’t necessarily eat very healthy. As much as we would try, we failed. So I’m balancing the month out by eating 6lbs of lettuce. That’s fair right?
Salad can get boring for dinner, fortunately this Chicken Taco Salad is FAR from boring! It’s one of my favorite salads!
The dressing is super simple too: mix equal amounts of French dressing with your favorite salsa. I like to use a HOT salsa to pair with the sweet French dressing, but choose what you like! My family can tolerate a little heat.
We were in Arizona in August after all. Hahahahaha. I crack myself up! No, really though, we went to Arizona as part of our road trip. In August. When it was 118 degrees outside. Every snack in our car melted during the day. Heck, I MELTED during the day too!
If you missed the highlights from my trip, you can check out my instagram. We had such a blast!
Don’t miss a single recipe: connect with Shugary Sweets!
Layered Chicken Taco Salad
Yield: serves 6
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 3 cup Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 cup fresh spinach
- 2 cup cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 2 can (11oz each) Mexicorn, whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped (tops too)
- 1 1/2 cup southwest tortilla strips (or chips)
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup French dressing
- In a large glass bowl, layer half of the lettuce and spinach. Top with tomatoes, corn, chicken and remaining lettuce and spinach. Top with cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together with salsa with French dressing. Pour over top of cheese. Garnish with cilantro, green onions and tortilla strips.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
Here are some other salads my family has enjoyed this month:
Love tacos? Try out this Taco Pizza. It’s one of our favorite “non salad” dinners!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**