Turtle Brownies

by aimee @ shugarysweets on October 7, 2013

Homemade Brownies topped with gooey caramel, chocolate chips and Fisher Pecans. A decadent dessert!

**This post is sponsored by Fishers Nuts. I am excited to be partnering with them this year and bringing you all some delicious recipes! **

Turtle Brownies: fudgy, caramel brownies topped with pecans! #ThinkFisher

Here is something I learned early on in my marriage. Either you like nuts in your brownies, or you don’t.

My husband is one of those anti-nuts in brownies kind of guy. I know. Clearly opposites attract because I LOVE nuts in my brownies (and cookies, and frosting, etc)!

When Fisher approached me about being a brand ambassador for the next year, I was excited. It means more NUTS.

There is one thing though that I can always count on my husband to eat. And it’s turtles. I played the turtle card and not only added pecans to the brownies, but I topped these brownies with a thick layer of caramel, chocolate chips and pecans.

I mean seriously, could YOU resist eating these?

Turtle Brownies: fudgy, caramel brownies topped with pecans! #ThinkFisher

If you’re as nuts about nuts as I am, then you must go check out the recipe contest being held from now until October 22, 2013 at www.myfreshtwist.com. Your recipe must include pecans, walnuts, almonds or peanuts and will be judged on originality, integration of nuts, taste and visual appeal. Go check out all the details now, time’s a wastin’!! Oh, and the prizes for this contest? Thought you’d never ask!

Prizes:

Grand Prize Winner:

• Trip for 2 to NYC including airfare, dinner and accommodations
  • Meet Chef Alex Guarnaschelli
  • Opportunity for Chef Alex Guarnaschelli to sign a copy of her debut cookbook: Old-School Comfort Food
  • $500 cash
 9 Semi-Finalists:
  • $100 Visa gift card
  • Signed copy of Chef Alex Guarnaschelli’s cookbook: Old-School Comfort Food
Weekly Prizes:
  • Fisher Nut Products
  • Copy of Chef Alex Guarnaschelli’s cookbook: Old-School Comfort Food

Turtle Brownies: fudgy, caramel brownies topped with pecans! #ThinkFisher

As for these brownies? You can’t enter them in the contest, but you can certainly make them, be inspired, and enjoy a decadent treat! And follow the hashtag #ThinkFisher on social media to see more delicious recipes and ideas throughout the year. I’m already dreaming of what I can do with nuts next!

Connect with Fisher Nuts:

• 1/2 cup Fisher pecans, chopped
  • For the topping:
  • 11oz caramel bits
  • 1/3 cup heavy cream
  • 3/4 cup Fisher pecans, chopped
  • 1/4 cup semi-sweet mini morsels

1. In a large glass bowl (or other microwave safe bowl), add butter, chopped chocolates and cocoa powder. Microwave for about one minute until butter has melted. Stir until chocolate is smooth.
  2. Add eggs, sugar and vanilla and whisk in quickly and vigorously. Add in flour, baking powder and salt, using a spatula to mix until just blended (do not overbeat).
  3. Fold in chopped nuts.
  4. Pour batter into a parchment paper lined 8'x8' square baking dish. Place in a 350 degree F preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
  5. Meanwhile, add caramel bits (or unwrapped caramels) to a large glass bowl. Add the cream and microwave for two minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until fully blended and smooth.
  6. Remove brownies from oven and spread melted caramel over them immediately. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and mini morsels. Allow brownies to cool to room temperature, then cover and place in refrigerator for 2 hours (or overnight). Cut brownies while chilled for a "cleaner" looking cut.
  7. Make 16 squares and cut each square in half (corner to corner) to make a total of 32 triangles. Enjoy!

Notes

**Store in an airtight container for up to one week in the refrigerator. Best served cooled.

Love Fisher Nuts?

Here are some other great recipes to use with Fisher…

caramel-nut-clusters-1

Easy, delicious Caramel Nut Clusters

heavenly-hash-brownies-

Rocky Road Brownies (with Almonds!!)

apple-pecan-cups-1

Apple Pecan Cups

**This is a sponsored post on behalf of Fisher Nuts. I was compensated for my time, however all opinions expressed are 100% my own!

marcie October 7, 2013 at 11:55 pm

These look awesome, Aimee! I’ve got a chocolate craving that won’t quit now.
marcie recently posted..Apple Blackberry Baked OatmealMy Profile

Medeja October 7, 2013 at 11:58 pm

I like brownies with everything :D I can’t understand how can somebody be so picky about brownies and don’t like brownies with nuts :D

Kammie @Sensual Appeal October 8, 2013 at 12:26 am

Oh my goodness, I die! These brownies are just that… to die for. amazing!
Kammie @Sensual Appeal recently posted..The most amazing Health Bundle EVER!My Profile

Julianne @ Beyond Frosting October 8, 2013 at 12:39 am

I love the caramel oozing out of these!
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting recently posted..Apple Pie Coffee Cake with Brown Butter Maple GlazeMy Profile

Rochelle @ Oh So Sweet Baker October 8, 2013 at 4:07 am

I’m a bit like your hubby but I can make exceptions and I good gladly scoff these especially as it has caramel
Rochelle @ Oh So Sweet Baker recently posted..Currently LovingMy Profile

Amallia October 8, 2013 at 4:26 am

looks very tempting! I love pecans and chocolate of course:-)
Amallia recently posted..Mango ice creamMy Profile

Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life October 8, 2013 at 8:18 am

I already have self control with issues with nuts (think cocoa almonds:) and these brownies look incredible! The layers sound simple, yet decadent, and can caramel and brownies ever go wrong? I bet this pan was gone fast and deservedly so!
Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life recently posted..Toffee Caramel CheesecakeMy Profile

Stephanie @ PlainChicken October 8, 2013 at 8:41 am

Those brownies look seriously delicious! I wish I had one right now for breakfast!
Stephanie @ PlainChicken recently posted..Nutter MummiesMy Profile

Eva @ Eva Bakes October 8, 2013 at 8:45 am

I don’t eat nuts, but this looks too amazing to pass up!
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..Easy peanut butter fudge and a giveawayMy Profile

Ruthy @ Omeletta October 8, 2013 at 9:17 am

I’m an adamant nuts-in-brownies fan as well- and I can only imagine how good these turtle brownies are!
Ruthy @ Omeletta recently posted..Acorn Squash and Spinach LasagnaMy Profile

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain October 8, 2013 at 9:52 am

You know I actually tend to be the no-nuts-in-my-brownies kind of girl, BUT when it’s nuts and gooey caramel and chocolate…well…I think I can happily make an exception. ;) These look decadent and wonderful, Aimee!
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Coconut Curried Cauliflower SoupMy Profile

Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent October 8, 2013 at 11:54 am

I am definitely a nut girl! These look amazing :)
Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent recently posted..5 can soupMy Profile

DessertForTwo October 8, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Lord help me, I need a great brownie recipe with nuts! I love this! And I’ve been using Fisher nuts as long as I can remember. Every year, my Mama makes pecan pie using their nuts. I didn’t even know there were other brands! ;)
DessertForTwo recently posted..Dinner For Two: Avocado PastaMy Profile

Jamie@Milk 'n' Cookies October 8, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Look at all the gooey, fudgy goodness happening with these brownies! Total pecan overload, in a very good way! And thanks for the FYI on the contest. I definitely have a few recipes I need to enter : )
Jamie@Milk ‘n’ Cookies recently posted..Oreo Cookie Halloween FudgeMy Profile

Tahnycooks October 8, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I will take a corner piece please!!! That caramel looks divine with all those pecans!
Tahnycooks recently posted..Chewy Caramel Apple CornMy Profile

Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry October 8, 2013 at 4:02 pm

I need a whole pan of these brownies now!
Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry recently posted..BLT Savory Bread PuddingMy Profile

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking October 8, 2013 at 5:20 pm

OMG, these look outrageous! I’m a nut for “turtle” everything (no pun intended!) and these are seriously calling my name. What a great fall treat!
Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking recently posted..Slow Cooker Teriyaki ChickenMy Profile

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen October 8, 2013 at 10:34 pm

The only way for me to have nuts in my brownies is with caramel, only natural really. These look absolutely stunning, the caramel dripping down…ugh!
Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen recently posted..Maple Cream Filled Pumpkin MuffinsMy Profile

Jocelyn @ BruCrew Life October 9, 2013 at 12:21 am

Oh, lordy!! I need like 3 pieces of this! You did save some of this for me, right??! ;)
Jocelyn @ BruCrew Life recently posted..Caramel Pumpkin Spice PopcornMy Profile

Niki October 9, 2013 at 10:40 am

Oh wow – I love turtle anything, and these look especially delicious!
Niki recently posted..Nailed It: Londowntown Kur CollectionMy Profile

Kathy October 9, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Yum! What a great way to top a brownie!
Kathy recently posted..Skillet Apple PieMy Profile

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) October 9, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Pecans are my new favorite.
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) recently posted..Roasted Skillet PotatoesMy Profile

Nutmeg Nanny October 10, 2013 at 10:17 pm

I think my heart just skipped a beat, this looks incredible!
Nutmeg Nanny recently posted..Almond Ricotta PancakesMy Profile

Jamielyn@iheartnaptime October 17, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Oh my goodness! These look amazing! :D

Kristen Duke October 20, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Okay that layer of caramel is making my mouth water just looking at these!! YUM!!
Kristen Duke recently posted..Halloween Bloody BrowniesMy Profile