Butterscotch Revel Bars
Chewy and sweet, these Butterscotch Revel Bars are a wonderful dessert to make for your next potluck, bake sale or party. They are also a great treat to bake and freeze for school lunches!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
I interrupt this zucchini festival to bring you a delicious cookie bar. I mean, really, we can’t live only on zucchini. There’s got to be butterscotch in our lives too!
A few years back I made these Triple Chip Revel Bars. I forgot how amazing they were. As I was sharing them on pinterest, it occurred to me, I should totally give them a butterscotch makeover.
Using that recipe as a base, I swapped out the fudgy chocolate center and instead gave it a sweet butterscotch filling.
Want to know the secret to make these taste even more amazing? PUT THEM IN THE REFRIGERATOR after baking. Seriously. I love all my butterscotch treats cold. There is something about chilling it that brings out the flavor.
So, enjoy today’s break from zucchini, as I’ll be back next week with more desserts featuring that crazy veggie!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Butterscotch Revel Bars
Yield: 36 bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-28 minutes
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (divided)
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups quick-cook oatmeal
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (11 oz) butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat 14 Tbsp of butter (reserving the extra two for later), and brown sugar until well blended. Add in baking soda, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat until combined. Add flour and oats and mix until blended. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk and 2 Tbsp butter. Heat over low heat until butter is melted. Fold in butterscotch morsels and stir constantly until melted and smooth.
- Press 2/3 of cookie dough into bottom of baking sheet. Keep pressing with your fingertips, it will fit, honest!! Pour butterscotch mixture over top of cookie dough and spread evenly. Drop remaining dough by teaspoon over the top (will not cover completely, that's okay).
- Bake for 25-28 minutes until browned. Cool completely. Cut and enjoy. Store in airtight container (best when chilled)!
If you love today’s Butterscotch Revel Bars recipe, these cookie bars might make you drool:
From the chocolate chip cookie dough crust to the white chocolate fudge and Oreo topping, these Oreo Fudge Bars are amazing!
Whopper Cookie Bars: seriously easy and amazing…these malted cookie bars are awesome!
With three times the peanut butter flavor, these Peanut Butter Cookie Bars are not for the faint of heart!
Love today’s cookie bar recipe? Be sure to check out these cookie bars from my blog friends:
- Mud Hen Bars from Cookies and Cups
- Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Cookie Bars from A Treats Affair
- Double Chocolate Chunk Blondies from Bake or Break
- Raspberry Cheesecake Crumb Bars from Just About Baked
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**