Butter Rum Fudge
This easy Butter Rum Fudge recipe is packed with flavor! Your family and friends will think you slaved in the kitchen making this special treat!
Um. Do you know how long it’s been since I shared a new fudge recipe?
Wait for it.
FEBRUARY. I’m so ashamed. I’ve been dubbed the “queen of fudge” by many of my friends and family, yet I haven’t created a new recipe for nearly 9 months. My apologies, friends, for letting my skills for how to make fudge lapse!
If it’s any consolation, today’s recipe for Butter Rum Fudge was worth the wait. This one melts in your mouth. And if someone doesn’t tell you the flavor, you’re left wondering what that creamy, buttery taste might be!
Growing up, I loved those Brach’s Royals (filled caramels), and my favorite flavor was the Butter Rum. Does anyone remember these? (true story, while I was typing this out, I just ordered a 3 lb bag on Amazon. Had no idea they still existed)! Don’t worry though, there’s no actual alcohol in this fudge, so even the kids can have a few pieces, if you’re willing to share, that is!
How to make Butter Rum Fudge:
- First, have all your ingredients ready. I like to put the white chocolate morsels, the butterscotch morsels, the rum extract, and the marshmallow fluff in the mixing bowl before beginning.
- Once you bring your sugar and butter to a boil, allow it to continue to boil for a full 5 minutes. Immediately remove from heat and pour over the ingredients in the mixing bowl. Beat on low just until all the morsels are melted and blended. Pour into your prepared baking dish.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours (or more!) until the fudge has set up properly.
- For freshest fudge, once it’s set up remove from fridge and place in a ziploc bag. Only cut pieces as you need them. Store at room temperature. ENJOY.
What holiday treats are on YOUR baking list this year? I’ve got some goodies coming soon, so make sure you sign up for my email subscription. It’s free and you’ll receive a new email with each new recipe I post!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Here are a few of my favorite treats for the holidays:
- Gingerbread Fudge. You’ll love the simplicity of this tasty fudge, without the hassle of rolling out cookie dough!
- Hot Buttered Rum Cocktail from Barefeet in the kitchen. Sweet and festive with holiday spices!
- Did someone say boozy fudge? Thank goodness Lisa from Wine&Glue made this Bailey’s Fudge. Perfect way to survive the holidays!
- I’ve got a Cinnamon Fudge recipe that tastes so good, you won’t want to share!
- Haystacks from She Wears Many Hats are one of my favorite winter cookies. I don’t know why, but growing up my mom only made these during the holidays!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**