Ready for more eggnog? I promise this is the last one (this week anyways). I apologize to those who are haters, but for people like me, who LOVE the stuff, we can only enjoy this treat for a limited time during the year (unless you make it yourself, but no thanks).
You CAN do this! You MUST do this! Enjoy!
- 2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp rum flavoring
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 3 cup white chocolate morsels
- 2-16oz pkgs vanilla candy coating
- 1 Tbsp nutmeg, for garnish
- In large pot, bring sugar, eggnog and butter to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes (rolling boil). Remove from heat and mix in rum flavoring and 1 tsp nutmeg.
- Pour mixture into a mixing bowl (or use an immersion blender). Add in marshmallow cream and white chocolate morsels. Blend until completely melted and incorporated (took about 1 1/2-2 minutes). Pour into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- When set, remove by lifting parchment out of pan and lay on cutting board. Cut into bite size pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and return to cookie sheet. When all truffles have been rolled, put in freezer for one hour.
- Melt vanilla candy coating (according to package directions) and put in a deep glass or bowl. Using a toothpick, dip each truffle into melted chocolate, tapping the excess off. Set onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle with a tiny pinch of nutmeg. Repeat for remaining truffles. Allow to set about half an hour in refrigerator. Serve cold and enjoy!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**