Blueberry Lemon Hand Pies
All it takes is 30 minutes to prepare these Blueberry Lemon Hand Pies with their flaky crust and citrus glaze!
Be sure to sign up for my free email subscription…new recipes in your inbox
Click HERE to PIN IT for later!
My easy hand pies are now some of the most popular recipes on my blog. Not only are people making them, but they are sharing photos and stories with me too! I love it. It’s seriously one of the best parts of blogging, to see and hear from people about what they are cooking in their kitchen.
If you haven’t joined yet, I have a group on facebook (you have to request to join). It’s a small group, but it’s a great place to share funny kitchen stories, family recipes, as well as ask me questions about cooking and baking (and if I don’t have an answer, you can bet someone else does)!
For me, growing up, we used to eat those NASTY Hostess cherry hand pies. You know the ones I’m talking about right? About one zillion calories. They taste good(ish) while you’re eating them, and then you feel sick later, haha!
My hand pies are smaller. About two bites and you’re done (unless of course you keep going back for more). And they are incredibly easy because they are baked, NOT fried. I also cheat and use refrigerated pie crust and canned pie filling. Don’t be hating on me okay? Sometimes a girl needs a few tricks up her sleeve to get a quick dessert on the table for a crowd. If you prefer to make your own crust and filling, please do! Just don’t judge the rest of us who ask Pillsbury and Lucky Leaf to help out 🙂
Today’s combo is delicious. I used a blueberry filling and glazed them with a sweet lemon glaze! Such a refreshing combination, if I do say so myself.
But here’s the question….what’s YOUR favorite flavor? Is it my first love, the Apple Hand Pie? Or are you more of a Peach Hand Pie person? I’ve got you covered with a Cherry Hand Pie, Pumpkin Hand Pie, and even a S’mores Hand Pie. And, for dinner, how about we tackle these savory Pepperoni Pizza Hand Pies, mkay?
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Blueberry Lemon Hand Pies
Yield: 24 hand pies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 boxes (14.1 oz each) refrigerated pie crust
- 1 can (21 oz) blueberry pie filling
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove pie crusts from package and allow to come to room temperature while you prepare filling.
- Dump pie filling in a shallow bowl and add lemon zest. Mix until blended. Set aside.
- Unroll pie crusts and cut 6 circles from each crust using a 4-inch biscuit cutter. You may have to re-roll the scraps to get the 6th circle.
- Using a 1 tbsp cookie scoop, drop blueberry pie filling into center of each pie crust circle. Fold in half and pinch edges completely. Fold pinched edges over and press with the tines of a fork to seal. Poke hand pie with fork once, to prevent bursting.
- Beat egg white in a small bowl until frothy. Brush over the tops of each hand pie. Bake on a parchment paper lined baking sheet (1 inch apart) for about 15 minutes, until browned.
- While pies are baking, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Remove cooked pies from baking sheet and drop (while warm) into glaze, coating it completely. I use two forks to flip it in the glaze and remove carefully. Return to parchment paper and allow to set (about 5 minutes). ENJOY!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**