Easy, 3 ingredient, Oven Baked Lemon Hand Pies Recipe: flaky, baked hand pies with a sweet lemon filling! Don’t forget the dusting of powdered sugar on top!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
But then I thought, who am I kidding? These Lemon Hand Pies have been sitting here waiting to be shared for months!
If you loved my other flavors, including these Peach Hand Pies , these Blueberry Lemon Hand Pies, and this Berry Hand Pies and of course these Apple Hand Pies..then you’ve got to give the lemon a try!
How to make Lemon Hand Pies
It’s up to you how easy you want to make these. For today’s recipe I used store bought refrigerated pie crust and canned lemon pie filling. However, if you have the extra time, I highly encourage you to make this homemade lemon curd. It’s worth it!!
Unlike my other hand pie recipes, today’s recipe does not have a glaze on top. Instead I added powdered sugar, which I think pairs nicely with the sweet lemon filling!
Also, give these Apple Empanadas a whirl. Perfect treat on a fall day!
As I sit at my desk and look at my blank calendar for the year, I’d love to hear from you all as to what recipes you’d like to see? Do you have a tried and true family favorite that you want me to try? Email me your recipe (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I’d love to try it and share it on the blog! I’m always looking for new inspiration, and I find family recipes are seriously my favorites. There’s a reason they become a family favorite…everyone MUST love them!
Happy New Year to all of you! May the new year bring you joy and happiness!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
More Lemon Recipes
Lemon Hand Pies: flaky, baked hand pies with a sweet lemon filling! Don't forget the dusting of powdered sugar on top!
- 2 boxes (14.1 oz each) refrigerated pie crust
- 1 can (15 oz) lemon pie filling (or homemade lemon curd)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove pie crusts from package and allow to come to room temperature while you prepare filling.
- Unroll pie crusts and cut 6 circles from each crust using a 4-inch biscuit cutter. You may have to re-roll the scraps to get the 6th circle.
- Using a 1 tbsp cookie scoop, drop lemon pie filling into center of each pie crust circle. Fold in half and pinch edges completely. Fold pinched edges over and press with the tines of a fork to seal. Poke hand pie with fork once, to prevent bursting.
- Beat egg white in a small bowl until frothy. Brush over the tops of each hand pie. Bake on a parchment paper lined baking sheet (1 inch apart) for about 15 minutes, until browned.
- Remove cooked pies from baking sheet and cool completely. Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar and enjoy. These are great refrigerated and served chilled.
**This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy for more info**
See the recipe Lemon Hand Pies on YouTube
Recipe originally published on January 11, 2017