A gorgeous Lemon Tart recipe with a buttery, rich Macadamia Nut Crust. Decorate the top of this pretty tart with some homemade Whipped Cream. Don’t forget to make your own Lemon Curd!
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe Works
This lemon tart recipe is impressive enough for a special occasion AND easy enough that anyone can make it. No pastry expertise required!
- A macadamia nut crust gives the tart a rich nutty flavor. It’s the perfect complement to tangy lemon curd.
- You’ll love the contrast of textures in this lemon tart: crisp crust, a soft center and fluffy whipped cream.
- Use store bought lemon curd or homemade!
- Lemon tart looks gorgeous on any table.
No need to visit France to enjoy this delicious French dessert recipe.
- Lemon curd. I use my Easy Homemade Lemon Curd Recipe for the lemon tart center. You’re welcome to use your favorite store bought version instead.
- Vanilla sugar. You can use granulated sugar instead but I promise you won’t regret making a batch of Vanilla Sugar. It’s a delicious way to add more dimension to all your baked goods.
- Unsalted butter. Make sure to use very cold butter for the crust.
- Macadamia Nuts. The perfect salty complement to the sweet crust. Swap them out for cashews or pecans if you can’t find them!
Lemon tart consists of three parts: crust, filling and topping.
To make the crust:
- Pulse the nuts with sugar until fine. Add salt and flour then pulse to combine. Pulse in the butter a little at a time to form a sticky dough.
- Press the dough onto the bottom of a tart pan. Bake for 15 – 18 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
For the filling:
- Spoon prepared lemon curd over the cooled crust.
To make the whipped cream topping:
- Use an electric mixer to beat heavy whipping cream with vanilla sugar on high until stiff peaks form.
- This takes 2 – 3 minutes depending on the strength of your mixer.
- Pipe whipped cream onto the tart.
- Use frosting bags fitted with tips to create your desired patterns.
Cashews would be delicious in this crust. Almonds and pecans sound like great choices too.
You can definitely use store bought whipped cream if you’re in a hurry. However, it won’t have quite the same richness and freshness as homemade.
You can use either regular granulated sugar or powdered sugar as a substitute for the vanilla sugar.
More Lemon Desserts
- Lemon Cheesecake Cake
- Lemon Brownies
- Lemon Ricotta Cookies
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Lemon Bars
- Lemon Cheesecake
For the Crust:
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar packed
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 7 Tablespoons unsalted butter cold
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups lemon curd
For the Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup vanilla sugar or granulated sugar, if desired
- In a food processor, pulse brown sugar, nuts and granulated sugar until finely crushed. Add flour and salt and pulse to combine. Add butter, one tablespoon at a time. Should form a sticky dough.
- Press dough into bottom of a 9-inch tart pan (or use a springform pan). Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- When cooled, fill tart with lemon curd.
- For the whipped cream, beat heavy cream with vanilla sugar on high for 2-3 minutes until soft peaks form. Pipe onto tart. ENJOY.
- Lemon curd- use store bought or make homemade lemon curd using my delicoius recipe!
- Vanilla Sugar- You can use powdered sugar if desired, or use my homemade vanilla sugar recipe!
- Tart pan or spring form pan. A tart pan might be the traditional choice but a regular spring form cake pan works too! Line the bottom of the pan with the crust dough, gently pressing it a little up the sides.
- Storing. Keep lemon tart refrigerated until ready to serve. If not enjoying right away, wait to add the whipped cream to the tart until just before serving.
- Use cold butter. Place your butter in the freezer for 5 – 10 minutes before adding to the crust. Super cold butter helps create a flaky tart crust texture.
- See blog post for more recipe tips and tricks.
Raise your hand if you want a slice of homemade Lemon Tart! With macadamia nut crust and vanilla whipped cream, this divine dessert will have everyone begging you for the recipe!