Cherry Almond Hand Pies
Easy, baked Cherry Almond Hand Pies! A flaky crust with a cherry almond pie filling, dipped in a sugary glaze and topped with sliced almonds. The perfect dessert!
Be sure to sign up for my free email subscription…new recipes in your inbox
It’s that time of year again. When I spend hours a day glued to my television watching Le Tour de France.
Yes. Bicycling. I know. You’re rolling your eyes. I get it. It’s not something that most 40 something housewives are glued to on their TV’s. I should be watching Real Housewives, or some other Bravo TV, right?
Ya’ll. I can’t get enough of the tour. <—— “the tour” is our shortened name for it around here 🙂
And while I’m busy watching up to 6 hours of the tour every day (FOR THREE WEEKS, don’t judge)…my house is in shambles. We’re eating frozen pizza for dinner. And dessert? Ice cream.
Unless of course I decide to whip up a batch of these SUPER EASY Cherry Almond Hand Pies.
They are so easy I can make them while watching the tour. Ha!
To give these hand pies a little boost in almond flavor, I stirred in some almond extract to the cherry pie filling. I could seriously add almond extract to all my baking. It just adds such a nice, nutty flavor without overwhelming this simple dessert. For presentation, I sprinkled on some sliced almonds after dipping these hand pies in a sweet, sugary glaze.
Because these are baked and not fried, go ahead and indulge. ENJOY!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Cherry Almond Hand Pies
Yield: 24 hand pies
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
- 2 boxes (14.1 oz each) refrigerated pie crust
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove pie crusts from package and allow to come to room temperature while you prepare filling.
- Dump pie filling in a shallow bowl and add in almond extract. Mix until blended. Set aside.
- Unroll pie crusts and cut 6 circles from each crust using a 4-inch biscuit cutter. You may have to re-roll the scraps to get the 6th circle.
- Using a 1 tbsp cookie scoop, drop cherry pie filling into center of each pie crust circle. Fold in half and pinch edges completely. Fold pinched edges over and press with the tines of a fork to seal. Poke hand pie with fork once, to prevent bursting.
- Beat egg white in a small bowl until frothy. Brush over the tops of each hand pie. Bake on a parchment paper lined baking sheet (1 inch apart) for about 15 minutes, until browned.
- While pies are baking, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Remove cooked pies from baking sheet and drop (while warm) into glaze, coating it completely. Return to parchment paper and immediately sprinkles with sliced almonds. Allow to set (about 5 minutes). ENJOY!
- I store these in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
If you love today’s Cherry Almond Hand Pie…here are a few other recipes I think you may enjoy….
Apple Hand Pies: a homemade apple pie filling in these delicious, baked pies!
Peach Hand Pies: one of the most incredibly easy comfort food recipes!
Cherry Almond Braid: take your breakfast to the next level with this delicious flavor combo!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**