I’ve been obsessed with truffles this holiday season.
I can’t help it. They are beautiful. Delicious. And easy to eat! Plus, there are so many flavor possibilities!
These almond truffles are one of my absolute favorites. The rich chocolate almond center, surrounded by crunchy almonds then dipped for a crunchy white chocolate coating…yes please!
- 12 oz milk chocolate
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup almonds, chopped
- 16 oz white chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup red/green candy melts
- In a saucepan, melt milk chocolate with heavy cream until smooth. Remove and cool about 15 minutes.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and add almond extract. Beat on low until smooth (about 1-2 minutes). Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours.
- Scoop mixture into small 3/4 inch balls, roll in chopped almonds and freeze on parchment lined cookie sheet for about one hour.
- Using a toothpick, dip each truffle in melted white chocolate. Tap side of bowl to remove excess. Allow to set on cookie sheet for 30 minutes. Drizzle with melted red and green chocolate candy melts. Set 15 minutes and enjoy. Store in airtight container or freeze in ziploc for future use.
Aimee is a dessert lover (specifically rice krispie treats), workout enthusiast, self-taught foodie, and recipe creator. Her recipes have been featured in numerous magazines, and her passion is to share her love of cooking with the everyday home cook!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**