Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloins with Cherry Tomato Salad
This is my new “go-to” pork tenderloin recipe. Well, except for carnitas, because those don’t count. I served this pork with a marinated cherry tomato salad. Which, again, you are welcome. I know you have a million cherry tomatoes and you can only eat so many while standing there watering your garden. And your kids are probably going back to school so the whole “you want a snack? go outside an eat some cherry tomatoes” days are over! I hear ya.
Please. Make this. Then thank me. Otherwise I seem all conceited and stuff saying you’re welcome when nobody is thanking me.
For the Pork:
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 3lbs total)
- 2 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced in strips
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a large crockpot, lay tenderloins on bottom. Rub sage, salt and pepper on top. Pour 1/2 cup water in bottom of pot and add the pressed garlic. Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours.
- In small microwave safe bowl, mix 1/2 cup water with brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar and soy sauce. Heat for 1 minute, whisk and heat an additional minute. Mixture should be thickened. Pour half of mixture over pork tenderloins and continue cooking an additional hour (or two).
- With remaining glaze, you can keep it until ready to serve then pour warmed glaze over tenderloins, shred and enjoy. Or, reserve about 1/4 cup of glaze to use in the Cherry Tomato Salad (see below), and brush remaining on tenderloins before serving.
- **NOTE** If using glaze from crockpot pork tenderloin recipe, whisk olive oil into prepared glaze, pour over veggies and herbs. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or more until ready to eat!
- For the salad, in a microwave safe bowl, mix brown sugar with corn starch, balsamic vinegar, water and soy sauce. Heat one minute, stir and heat another minute. Whisk in olive oil. Pour over sliced veggies and herbs (use only as much as your family enjoys; mine prefers to not use all that the recipe calls for). Refrigerate for 15 minutes or more until ready to eat!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**