Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloins with Cherry Tomato Salad
This is my new “go-to” pork tenderloin recipe. Well, except for carnitas, because those don’t count. I served this pork with a marinated cherry tomato salad. Which, again, you are welcome. I know you have a million cherry tomatoes and you can only eat so many while standing there watering your garden. And your kids are probably going back to school so the whole “you want a snack? go outside an eat some cherry tomatoes” days are over! I hear ya.
Please. Make this. Then thank me. Otherwise I seem all conceited and stuff saying you’re welcome when nobody is thanking me.
For the Pork:
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 3lbs total)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
For the cherry tomato salad:
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced in strips
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- In a large crockpot, lay tenderloins on bottom. Rub sage, salt and pepper on top. Pour 1/2 cup water in bottom of pot and add the pressed garlic. Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours.
- In small microwave safe bowl, mix 1/2 cup water with brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar and soy sauce. Heat for 1 minute, whisk and heat an additional minute. Mixture should be thickened. Pour half of mixture over pork tenderloins and continue cooking an additional hour (or two).
- With remaining glaze, you can keep it until ready to serve then pour warmed glaze over tenderloins, shred and enjoy. Or, reserve about 1/4 cup of glaze to use in the Cherry Tomato Salad (see below), and brush remaining on tenderloins before serving.
- **NOTE** If using glaze from crockpot pork tenderloin recipe, whisk olive oil into prepared glaze, pour over veggies and herbs. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or more until ready to eat!
- For the salad, in a microwave safe bowl, pour 1/4 cup of glaze over sliced veggies and herbs (use only as much as your family enjoys; mine prefers to not use all that the recipe calls for). Refrigerate for 15 minutes or more until ready to eat!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**